Skip navigation
ram_krish
Currently Being Moderated

not able to Retrieve the metadata from the NetStream in OSMF2.0

May 2, 2012 4:51 AM

Hi,

i was not able to Retrieve the metadata from the NetStream in strobe player which using OSMF2.0 i can able to do this in OSMF 1.6.

To retrive my metadata i have added following code in my PlaybackOptimizationMetrics.as

NetClient(netStream.client).addHandler("InjectData", onMetaData2);

function onMetaData2(value:Object):void

{

NetClient(netStream.client).removeHandler("InjectData", onMetaData2);

// We assume that the asset metadata has the most accurate value,

// that's why we overwrite any existing value.

ExternalInterface.call("alert","inject");

// audiodatarate and videodatarate are set in kilobits. We need to transform it to bytes.

averagePlaybackBytesPerSecond = StrobeUtils.kbitsPerSecond2BytesPerSecond(value.audiodatarate + value.videodatarate);           

duration = value.duration;

}

my streaming server inject data into the stream suessfully. but the strobe player couldn't able to retrive the data when play the stream.

can anyone please check it and tell me the above thing working in OSMF 2.0 or not?

Thanks,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to ram_krish

Hi,

do you use FMS?

can you provide an example stream and a working code snippet that works in 1.6 and does not work in 2.0?

S.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to ram_krish

I've seen the code and I ran the SMP on a HDS video stream and I did not receive the desired metadata values, but we receive the metadata object. It might be linked to a Flash Player change.

Please raise a bug on http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FM so we could track this problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points