Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Banner Height at Viewer Builder

May 3, 2012 7:47 PM

At V20 Viewer Builder,

Banner Hight is set 0 ~ 0.375 (the percentage of device's hight occupied by the banner when displayed in the library view. Valid value is between 0 and 0.375).

What is the library view size?

V19 Viewer Builder, I set Banner Hight 180px (switch images for horizontal/vertical by CSS),

so I set 0.23 at V20 Viewer Builder,  on horizontal viewer it works good, but on vertical view it doesn't.

Do I have to create html bunner for V20 Viewer Builder ?

shimoawazu

Replies
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    May 4, 2012 5:51 AM   in reply to shimoawazu

We ran into this issue yesterday and reported it as a bug. Adobe was able to manually set the value on the backend of the viewer for us, provided with the account id, but I'm not sure when they plan on fixing the issue completely, assuming they do.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 4, 2012 8:28 AM   in reply to Casey Jensen

This is supposed to work as a percentage. If you specify .23, your HTML banner will fill the top 23% of the library. Casey, why did you find it necessary to manually set the value?

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    293 posts
    May 4, 2011
    May 4, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Steve,

>

> In the new viewer builder, the banner no longer asks for a fixed height in pixels for the entitlement banner. Now it asks for a number from 0 to .375 that represents a percentage of the screen height. Unfortunately, it appears that this setting causes the banner to display at different sizes based on the device orientation.

>

> When I choose "0.136" as the percentage height, our banner looks fine in portrait mode but it's cut off in landscape, as 13.6% is a different number of pixels for each orientation. This is going to require us to create new banners for our applications as well as code around orientation change events.

>

> Worse yet, when I rotate from landscape to portrait, then back to landscape, the banner height stays at the portrait setting. (see screenshot) I'm not sure how I'm supposed to create a banner under these circumstances if the device isn't going to shrink the banner back down.

>

> Help!

The percentages will be different amounts based on the orientation, which would be problematic unless the banner can account for this, if I understand correctly. There was also another bug on top of this.

http://i.imgur.com/Mdag1.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 4, 2012 10:20 AM   in reply to Casey Jensen

Thanks, Casey, I just spoke with a tester about this issue. He says they plan to revert to the previous behavior (pixel height rather than percentage) in an upcoming hot fix.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 8, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

A hot fix to Viewer Builder just addressed this issue. When you create an app, you can specify the banner height in either pixels or percentage.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:36 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Hey, Bob!

By any chance did the hotfix also allow us to set a pixelheight of 0 (effectively disabling the entitlement banner)?

We'd *really* like that option, as our apps with custom storefronts have no Library View banner, as that functionality is included in the storefront.

Thanks!

Alex

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,642 posts
    May 29, 2007
    May 14, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to Alex Mc Donald

I didn't see that in the bug note, but give it a try and let me know if it still isn't allowed. I'll follow up if it's still broken. (I would test it myself but I'm at the InDesign PEP conference. Bob Levine is here too, so we won't be as active in these forums for the next couple of days.)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Confirmed - as of May 14, 2012 at 9:43 EDT, it still refuses a banner height of 0px (not sure who makes use of a 1px banner, btw, which *is* allowed).

Acceptible values are 1 -1280px (which also seems extreme - a 1280px banner would run off the screen, leaving no issues visible).

I'd also be happy with a Disable Banner checkbox, or just separating the banner from the entitlement code altogether - we have apps that have no entitlement where we'd like to have a library banner just for aesthetics/marketing, and apps that have entitlement, but need no banner due to custom store.

Maybe we could create an 'advanced mode' in ViewerBuilder that allowed you to opt in or out of all sorts of things, and override certain greyed-out values?

Thanks!

Alex

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points