Skip navigation
ascendgeek
Currently Being Moderated

Our converted eCourses often freeze when launched from our new 3rd party hosted LMS...

May 2, 2012 2:36 PM

Tags: #captivate #5.5 #lms #freezing #launching #greenlight #ecourses

We have recently purchased a new externally hosted LMS system (Silkroad's GreenLight) and we have a 3rd party taking our older authorware courses (which are working) and updating/converting them using Adobe Captivate 5.5.  Once these are done and uploaded into the LMS system, users are finding sporadic freezing at launch of the converted courses.  In some cases we are using a Riverbed solution to compress content so that network performance is not an issue.  With the various components involved in this situation. we are having a hard time troubleshooting and narrowing down the problem as it is so inconsistent.  I noticed a blog http://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/kb/projects-published-captivate-5-lms .html suggesting a fix and we tried this with one user it worked with another it did not.  Our environment consist of XP (and some Win7), Adobe Flash Player 10+, and IE8 or 9.  Can anyone tell us what the proposed template fix described in the blog is actually doing?  Or if you've experienced this problem and have another fix we could try?  Any help is appreciated....Getting desperate.  Thanks!

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to ascendgeek

    I believe the patches offered in that post were to address an issue that sometimes occurs with Resume Data bookmarking in certain LMSs. 

     

    If you are currently using Resume Data bookmarking, try disabling it by checking the box in LMS Customisation dialog to Never Send Resume Data.  If that resolves your issue, you at least know what is causing it.

     

    In cases where there are a large number of variables, the only way to diagnose the issue may be to remove as many variables as possible first. Then when you finally get to a stable version that does not misbehave, you then re-introduce the other components to find the one/s that re-introduce the issue.

     

    So, in your case, you may need to look at how your developers are 'converting' the authorware content in Captivate.  Make sure they recreate everything using Captivate components, and insert the images via the approved menus etc.  I'd also temporarily avoid using this Riverbed compression solution until you have established the cause of your issue.  It may be interferring with something.

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points