Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Identit-E / Education Verification still not working

May 1, 2012 9:25 PM

Tags: #error #not #education #verification #loading #identit-e

So I bought LR from Adobe website on March 30th, 2012 and it's May 1, 2012 so you can see why this is irritationg.  I have been passed back and forth between the chat pepople from Adobe and the Customer Service at Identit-E with no answers.  I have given screen shots, source codes, and emailed my proof directly to Adobe email address and nothing has happened.  This is by far the very worst custmer service situation I have ever been in.

What no one seems to understand is when you sign in and click on your order and then submit proof, it brings up the Identit-E website where you fill in your State, City, and Name of Institution - You can drop down and fill in everything EXCEPT the Insitution.  You CAN NOT hit submit or proceed to obtain a product code because big red letters say "You must provide the name of your institution."  So every one of the customer serivce reps I talk to who keep asking for this from me - it will NOT generate for the 564898237 time.

I have tried it from 6 different computers in different cities, Chrome, Google, IE - even from behind a public univeristy firewall and nothing happens.  Seems like now there is a house icon that spins in a circle and says loading.

But I beg the question that since this is Student verification, do you not think people might need this for school?  I am irate plain and simple.  I don't know what is so hard to figure out that you relational database is not coded correctly nd obvioulsy the path to dropdown and pull SQL of somesort is not working.  It's been over a month and I would really like to get what I paid for. 

I wonder how many people are failing a class because of this - how do we file a complaint to request reimbursement of tutition?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to wdougspencer

I apologize for your difficulties.  Are you trying to submit your proof of eligibility through https://www.identit-e.com/default/index/submitadobe?

Did you purchase your education version of Lightroom from a reseller or from Adobe directly?  If you purchased the software from Adobe directly do you have an order number or case number I can reference?

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to wdougspencer

I was able to locate your order AD001310328EDU and have approved the order based off your previous submission of proof of eligibility.  I have also updated your case 208091603 that the order had been approved and closed it.  You should now be able to follow the steps listed at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3980334#3980334 to obtain your copy of Photoshop Lightroom 4.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2012 10:06 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, Could you please assist me with the same problem? I've tried to contact identit-e in every form possible with no response and no help at all! I just want to use my software!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to wdougspencer

Me too!  I am having exactly the same problem!  First time I reached the page but it didn't offer me any choices of institution - just kept "searching".  Subsequent attempts did not even open the page - again, endless "searching".  I cabn't call until tomorrow buit I am really hoping to get my Production Premium suite before my trial runs out!  I teach at a major independent school in Ontario and have my payslip all ready in a pdf file.Adobe, you've got to do something about this!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to wdougspencer

Can you help me too? I can't even find a reference number for my order and i can't get back on the verification page at all.  I intended to use the summer break learning the software for my students in September.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to azk22y

Justin0469 and Azk22y I would recommend reviewing and ensuring you have followed the processes which are relevant to your region in the Education FAQ - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html.  In particular you will want to ensure that you have completed the process to submit your proof of eligibility.

If you continue to experience difficulties then I would recommend contacting our support team so they can review your situation directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am ALSO in EXACTLY the same boat. I've deleted cookies, I've changed browsers, I've used computers in different locations, everything. I've submitted my verification info to various Indentit-e people, Adobe chat people, etc.

I had exactly the same issue. The "Name of Institution" list wouldn't populate and now I can't even get anywhere when I click on the "Submit Proof" link. I've bought software from Adobe before and had no problems. This is crazy and all the chat folks keep directing me to FAQ's and suggesting things I've already tried 30 times.

For a company like Adobe, the fact that people are having problems like this and that no one seems to know what the problem is, seems to be quite a huge problem!!

My order number is AD001413957EDU.

Mu current Adobe case is #0208639561

Can you help here, Jeff?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to DavidPopoff

If you are having problems submitting your proof of eligibility and are located in North America then you will need to work with Identit-e.  I recommend first reviewing the section in the Education FAQ on how to check the status of your Education order at http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html#m ain_order_status.

If you are continuing to have difficulties with the eligibility process then you can access the Contact page for Identit-e at https://www.identit-e.com/default/static/faq/p/14.

Beyond that if you need one to one support then please contact our support team as indicated in message 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have done all of that already. As the first poster said, Identit-e directs me to Adobe (here's a clip from an email today:)

" If you can not receive a product code, please contact the Adobe Store for assistance. "

"Orders from the Adobe Store website can only be processed by using the submit eligibility option on the right side of your order. We are unable to access your orders from the Adobe Store website as Identit-E is unable to access this page." - Michael DeCorby (Identit-e)

Currently, my problem seems to be with the Adobe site, as when I click on the "Submit Proof" link, nothing happens. I've tried different browsers, locations, cleared cookies, etc. I've read ALL the FAQ's, I've been on chat help four times so far. I have all the verification right here, ready to go, I just need someone to take it!!

I don't have a Product Code, as it is an online download, so Identit-e won't help me. They've already told me they can't access the Verification Page and I should talk to Adobe. I'm not computer illiterate here, the site isn't working!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to DavidPopoff

Here's what's happening. This is where I can get to...VerificationProblem.jpg

If you look closely, the info link is up and there is a loading wheel spinning. I can't GET to the Identit-e link and Identit-e is telling me this is Adobe's problem and then when I DO get to the Identit-e page, there is no way to populate the list for the "Name of Institution".

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to DavidPopoff

Here's where I just got with Identit-e. He actually ended the chat before I could ask any more questions:

15:00 You are now chatting with Michael Colby (Bi-lingual CSR Temp) - General Chat
    15:01 Michael Colby: I think I remember this case.
    15:01 David Popoff: Michael... I've been emailing you for days.. I'm not getting anywhere here. You tell me to talk to Adobe and they've just told me (again) to deal with you.
    15:01 Michael Colby: We are unable to access your accounts on the Adobe store website an help you register your code on a different computer.
    15:02 Michael Colby: the only way to register is through the Adobe store website and that can only be accessed by you or Adobe.
    15:02 Michael Colby: I'm sorry for the trouble.
    15:02 David Popoff: Why do they keep telling me to talk to you?
    15:02 David Popoff: They've told me that it's an Identit-e issue.
    15:02 Michael Colby: If you are unable to get help from Adobe then you can cancel your order and purchase the software at a reseller such as best buy and register the product code from the box.
    15:03 Michael Colby: I'm sorry, we are unable to assist you.
    15:03 Michael Colby: I will now be ending the chat. Have a nice day.
    15:03 Michael Colby has left the conversation. Click here to leave a message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to DavidPopoff

I'd like to say that I tried contacting Identit-E via chat for a different issue and had the same experience. I asked for a status update, they said there are technical difficulties and said "I will now be ending the chat. Have a nice day." The chat was closed before I could say anything else. I tried chatting again and waited for over 20 minutes and had to give up.

Ridiculous and poor customer service!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to justin0469

Thank you DavidPopoff and Justin0469 for the feedback.  I have passed it on for additional investigation.  I would still encourage each of you to continue working with our support team as they can work with you directly to help resolve your difficulties.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

The latest chat resulted in Michael Colby telling me that Identit-E has been waiting for 2 weeks for Adobe to provide serial numbers for all the Student and Teacher editions they have verified already. Can someone at Adobe verify? Jeff?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to justin0469

I'll keep plugging away with Adobe Support, but until someone is actually able to LOOK at my support documents and APPROVE the education verification, then I don't know where I'm sitting.

I'm tempted to just try to cancel this order and find a boxed copy that has a product code that I can get.

From all of my conversations, neither Adobe nor Identit-e is taking ownership of this problem. I'm trying to get my software and pay someone for it! I've even sent out my paystub to about 5 people so far. Nothing...

I'll wait a day or two more on this and I'm I'll probably end up moving on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to DavidPopoff

DavidPopoff it appears that your difficulties maybe coming from not selecting the Country, City, and State prior to attempting to select your school.  I would recommend submitting your proof of eligibility again and ensuring these fields are filled out.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 1:18 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I did do all of those things. As wdougspencer noted in his original post, once you've selected your Country, Province and city, the school list doesn't populate with any values. I did notice that ONCE, I managed to end up with a form that had one more field, which was "Type of Institution", and when that was filled in too, the school list names did populate, but it only appear on one load of the page and it was when I was trying to reaccess the form. When I tried to submit that form, it didn't work, as I was reaccessing it.

When I was actually purchasing the software, this field wasn't there, and as such, it wouldn't populate the "School Name" field.

I've been dealing with the customer service folks and they're trying to upload the forms for me.

Something is wrong with Identit-e's form itself. Currently, I can't even re-access the form. (Also, as posted above) Today, nothing showed up on the Orders page when I attempted to access it to try it yet again.

Everyone keeps suggesting I try the very basic things that I have tried numerous times (redo the form, clear cookies, try a different browser, etc) I'm technically minded and have done all of these things. The problem is on the Adobe / Identit-e end here...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 30, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to DavidPopoff

Ok thanks DavidPopoff for the update.  My apologies for the continued inconvenience.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Im having the same issue but cant get  anyone to talk to me. This is the worst time i had trying to do anythingin my life. So i have to explain this to a 14 year old that you spent $250 on a disc thats worth nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to racer65

I am having the same issue and I have sent an email to identit-e, but it seems I must contact Adobe. I have tried using Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari on a Mac. I have tried three different locations and service providers, but I still get a spinning house and loading. I thought this would be faster than the educational software provider that my board of education uses, but I was wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to A Angus51

I purchased Adobe CS6 Extended Student and Teacher today, went to the Identit-e website and CAREFULLY followed the instructions, then a few hours later I chatted to ask about my status.  Melissa Gray(the chat rep) said I have been approved.  I checked my email and had my license. 

I can't imagine better service and Ms.  Gray was very kind.  I am sure there are ligitimate issues, sometimes, but I think that by carefully following the steps and providing good documentation the process will work as it did for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points