Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Partial play through, partial click through

May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, and apologies as I know that this is elementary and probably already discussed multiple times. I couldn't find it in the search.

I am designing a training where I will embed a captivate presentation within a captivate training. I want to have steps of the process play through, and then stop for some interactive content (rollover/mouseover etc) and then I want to have a click through to the next set of process steps. I want to embed the captivate recording in a new captivate so that I can have callouts and corresponding text that is not overlaid but is on a white back ground.

SO, my question is, How do I make a project that plays multiple slides, but then requires a click through sometimes to advance?

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum

On the slides where you want the user to click to advance, add an interactive object, probably a button that has a pausing by default (see Timing accordion). The slide will stop at that pausing point and if you set the Success action for that button to 'Go to Next Slide' this will happen when the user clicks the button.

Lilybiri

Just a warning: hope you will not try to embed a Captivate published SWF in a Captivate file, because that will cause issues. Have all original slides in one file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply.

I tried putting a giant transparent button over the slide where I want it to stop, and I set the properties of that button to pause after 2 seconds and upon success go to the next slide. When I preview, it actually pauses the project, and the only way to start it again is hit the play button, not the inserted transparent button. The button is set to appear for the duration of the slide. Any hints?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of the Timeline? And can you check the visibility of the button in the Properties panel? BTW: why do you use a transparant button instead of a Click box (that is transparant by default)? Another difference is that the click box always has its pausing point near the end of its timeline but you can shorten that timeline to have it also at 2secs.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

You are so right. Click boxes work for me. Thanks for the heads up. Very appreciative.

Very Respectfully,

Sam Galli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine! Could you mark this thread as answered?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources