Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Recording what's on screen in CS5 on a separate layer?

May 4, 2012 6:29 PM

Is there any way to record a Photoshop maneuver like airbrushing onto an otherwise transparent layer so the end result is an animation?

The real world equivalent of what I'm trying to do would be to have a video camera behind glass and a spray can spraying the glass from the other side.

I know there are programs that record what's on screen but I don't think they allow you to have a transparent layer. I may be able to use one of those programs and key out the non airbrush background.

I'd like to be able to import the animation into Premiere so it looks like paint has been sprayed over whatever clip is underneath the airbrushing frames.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to Intercostal

I guess you are best off with a screen recorder, as you mentioned. (I suppose there will be different ones, even free ones available for Mac and Windows OS’.)

If you paint black on white (or the other way around) I suppose it should be fairly easy to use that as mask/key or maybe a simple Blend Mode might suffice, depending on the color you want to »animate« in your video.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,977 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to Intercostal

add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray add empty layer spray etc. then open animation palette use its fly-out menu make frams from layer. You can adjust the frames using the animation palette panel and the layers palett to accumilate each spray stroke to build up the coverage.   Save animation as a Animated GIF or a sequence of images. I do not to video so I do not know what file types Adobe Premere can import as animation Photoshop can save for web and can also export sone video file types.

Spray Strokes
    [ Spray Strokes ]
    Spray Strokes Build Up
    [ Stroke Build Up ]
    Over Image
    [Over Image ]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status