Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Correct lens distortion and adjust perspective

May 4, 2012 7:40 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2012 7:40 PM   in reply to Community Help

Since I have only one Tamron lens, the 17-50 f2.8 VC, can I go into the Tamron profile folder in the location listed in the Correct Lens Distortion section and delete all the lenses except mine? Right now, when I select lens profile and select Tamron, I get the older 17-50 listed in the lens drop down first. When I open the specific lens menu I have to scroll down to get to my lens evertime.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 8:29 PM   in reply to akretsch

Profile - Setup - Save new lens profile defaults will remember your selection for that lens.  Select it once, set the default, done.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to Community Help

I use the lens recognition for almost all my lenses, but I am having a problem with my favored lens is not in the list, although it is an fairly old one. Since I don't know all the different adjustment that has to be set for this lens, I'm afraid to begin to manipulate the existing profiles. My lens is a Nikkor 28-105mm f/3,5-4,5. Is there a chance that this lens will be included in future releases?,

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to Claus D.

There is a user-generated profile for (what I believe to be) this 28-105 lens, available for download from the Adobe community profiles list. This is an online resource with a bigger choice, than just the profiles that are supplied as part of a LR installation.

You can install a lens profile downloader from the Adobe Labs website, to install a profile into your computer - and thereafter, it should auto-recognise. If it fails to, you can select it against a picture taken with that lens, then set it as a default (as post 2 above).

http://blogs.adobe.com/labs/archives/2010/10/the-lens-profile-download er-now-available.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2012 4:42 PM   in reply to Community Help

I have a frustrating problem with defringing that does not seem to be solvable.  I have a photo of an eagle against a blue sky which I have cropped considerably to fill the screen with the eagle. 

there is a light blue fringe along the edges of the eagle.  This may be accentuated by considerable sharpening that I earlier applied.  Is this solvable?  I have tried the above suggestions without effect.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2012 4:59 PM   in reply to kenbowes

See here for the different fringes and how to apply the defringe tool: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/04/new-color-fringe-corre ction-controls.html

It could be that your fringe is created by sharpening. If you still have the original image, set the sharpening to "0" and see - in 1:1 view - if the fringe disappears.

Or you can try to carefully paint over the fringe with the Adjustment brush with a minus setting for Exposure.

You might need to also adjust other settings of the Adj. Brush.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points