Skip navigation
ari4reel
Currently Being Moderated

File with more than one texture

May 4, 2012 8:39 PM

Tags: #cs5 #help #flash #video #pro #text #3.0 #swf #to #flash_cs5 #flash_cs5.5 #movie #actions

Hello, I'm having a problem with an animation I am working on. I have a file that contains three sprites on one sheet. What I ususally do it load the sheet onto the stage, then I try and erase the two extra sprites until I need them. Everytime I try it just erases the black background on the previous layer. I've tried switching back to the layer the sprite was on and erasing; but, It still switches to the black background layer and erasies that. I have the sprite sheet in a psd file and I still can't edit it while within the program.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2012 6:11 AM   in reply to ari4reel

It is not clear what you mean when you talk about sheets (?) and erasing things - why not just have separate sheets for each ? 

If you have layers involved and things are on separate layers, then you should be able to lock any layer you do not want to affect.  So you should be able to lock the black background layer and any others except the one you wish to erase.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points