Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I just need some download links

Apr 30, 2012 7:40 AM

Hi I always come here when i need dowload links and i'm such a idiot it always takes me some time to figure out where the add a post is. Ok I have windws xp sp3, 32 bit home. I need the latest download links for flash player. In internet explorer and opera,firefox. Much thanks. Can't wait to install and have automatic updates.THANKS.

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Hello, if you go to the following link with both Internet Explorer and Firefox (or Opera), you should get the correct installer automatically.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 9:03 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

someone at Adobe has to try to download flash - the download times out - it has been timing out for some time now - at least a week or more.  Problem has nothing to do with installing flash - we just can't download the software.  Try it for yourself.  Somebody fix it please.

Same problem with reader - had to switch to foxit because I couldn't get adobe software downloaded.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to grumpygeologist

I have just downloaded all four Flash Player installers from the link I posted above; each of them took less than 1 second to fully download.

I also just downloaded Adobe Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ - it took about 8 seconds to complete the download.

Note that I am about 8,000km away from the Adobe/Akamai download servers.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Once again, the download links for the offline installers are here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-windows.html#Install_in_a_firewall_proxy_server_environment

This is under Install in a firewall proxy server environment in the Installation Problems document.

What versions of Flash Player do you have now installed?  Please check in the Control Panel's Flash Player appled (Advanced tab).

P.S. the Adobe Reader link I posted earlier was in response to the other poster's complaint that all Adobe downloads time out.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 7:17 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Your install log file is showing some errors; can you try a clean install according to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 6:30 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Did you get the latest Flash Player 11.2.202.335 through the background update?

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 8:14 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

It is my experience that the updater comes up twice: the first time for IE, then an hour later for the plugin.

Depending on how busy the servers are, the updater may not succeed at the first try.

If you don't get updated within a few days, please post your FlashInstall.log file again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

The updater will automatically run every hour, but may not be able to download the update when the servers are too busy.  You will not see anything when the updater runs (it runs completely silent in the background).

You can use this same topic to post the new log file.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to mrjohncougar

Yes, that's fine.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers