Skip navigation
purplepurple_jo
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to see D800 raw files - using Lightroom 3.6 & CS4

May 5, 2012 2:51 AM

Tags: #cs4 #lightroom3.6 #raw_conversion #d800

Hi,

I have just purchased a Nikon D800 and I am unable to see the .NEF files within either Lightroom 3.6 or CS4. Can anyone help me? I have read on other forums that you need to install ACR6.7 but those users were all using newer versions of software.  I have downloaded ACR 6.7 - are my programme versions compatible and will LR & Bridge pick up the new version automaticaaly or do I need to do anything? I am running Windows 7.

I'm not sure if this will make any difference but within my camera menu I chose NEF (RAW) recording to be Lossless Compressed.

Thanks

Jo

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2012 3:02 AM   in reply to purplepurple_jo

ACR 6.7 can only be used with PS CS5. You will have to use one of the following options.

1. Use the latest Adobe DNG converter 6.7 to convert your .NEF files to dng (retain a copy of the .NEF's) then you can import into LR 3.6.

2. Consider upgrading to LR 4, you can download the LR 4.1 RC2 and run for the trial period untill the Final LR 4.1 is released.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to purplepurple_jo

Bridge is part of CS4 and you can open the DNG files there also. You will have to upgrade Photoshop to get a higher version of Bridge.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to DdeGannes

My lightroom 4 doesn't recognize them either! Any advice???

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to dpmckinney

Yes. As explained in your other thread, use Lr 4.1 RC 2.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points