Skip navigation
zxcvbn1234
Currently Being Moderated

The new field blur and tilt shift filters have stopped working

Apr 21, 2012 10:29 AM

The new field blur and and tilt shift filters worked a few times but are now greyed out in the menus. Any ideas why? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to zxcvbn1234

Are you trying to implement them on a Smart Object?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to zxcvbn1234

Did you get any error messages about the GPU and your video card drivers?

Have you checked the GPU preferences?  (which can get disabled if your video card drivers crash or return errors)

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    May 3, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to zxcvbn1234

I've had this happen to me a few times on 10.6.8 with a 4890 vid card. I have the center blur control but no oval control points. Also, will the new blur filters work on smart objects in the final shipping version of CS6? It would be really disappointing not to have these filters on smart objects.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to zxcvbn1234

Did you check the settings Chris mentioned? Your issue sounds like there might be a video card or driver issue, which can disable the GPU related features and give you a lesser version of the blur filters. See this link for some troubleshooting suggestions. See if issues with the video card have disabled - Edit>preferences>performance use graphics processor.  Also check the advanced settings drawing modes. Be sure you have the current driver (system is updated and current on mac or go to the video manufacturer's website for pc) . That is often the cure.

You might want to copy your system information (photoshop help>system info)  here for us to look at.

Pattie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points