Skip navigation
WeBa2012
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 3 desktop too dark

Jan 27, 2012 2:54 PM

I have a black background on the panels and the selection keywords, folders etc., are gray. This is verrrrry hard to work with for me. It LOOKS very nice but I need to change to a light gray background with black type. The preferences do not allow for this change. Any help out there?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to WeBa2012

WeBa2012 wrote:

Any help out there?

Nope...that's the LR UI and other than the area behind image, you can't change it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 12:51 AM   in reply to WeBa2012

The last years Adobe has made their backgrounds and menus dark, supposed to be more modern and better.  Well I sure don't like it either, its hard to see any of the menu options and such.  In some of their products a few years back you could choose a 'somewhat' lighter background and display, but still not nice. I guess the people in charge just don't listen to the buyers of their software and let the USER change the settings, or just go back to a normal READABLE screen display.  I really hate it and do not use the products from Adobe much anymore, I use other progams where you display is readable.

I am guessing reading the answer from Jeff that there is nothing you can do about this, learn to squint at the screen I guess, or buy other software.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to WeBa2012

I'd suggest that most users find the current colour scheme to be very user friendly...

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to Keith_Reeder

I would also suggest that optically it allows you to best evaluate and edit your photos.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points