Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

*I like this text animation but haven't found how to produce/where to get...??

May 3, 2012 11:01 AM

Looking for text animation presets beyond those within after fx but haven't really found anything.

Do you have any quick suggestions as to where to get additional text animation presets??

I want some super cool/sleek stuff...

An example =

I really like when Frank talks about the "3 Pillars" in the video below. You'll see the text animation identifying the 3 Pillars as displayed below =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJMt8ZrfPI&feature=player_detailpage#t =45s

Thanks so much - just wanted to check if anyone had any quick tips/insight.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 3, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to npaglia7

Probably a simple combination of per character 3D + rotating the 3D layer + a wiggly selector on the rotation property with the selector amount animated.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to npaglia7

I suggest you learn how to build them yourself since you may never find exactly what you are looking for.

Go to a site like Lynda.com. Join for a month and find the tutorials that will teach you what you need to know. You wont regret it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 2:28 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Check out this link for a free overview of text animation.

http://editingwhiz.com/2012/04/26/working-with-text-in-after-effects/

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 8:50 PM   in reply to lasvideo

Andrew Devis is currently doing a great After Effects basics series on Creative COW. He's doing text animation now.

http://library.creativecow.net/series/After-Effects-basics-tutorials-b y-Andrew-Devis

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 10:52 PM   in reply to npaglia7

It's as I said - a simple 2 minute standard setup. I just tried it for fun. No need to even get that deeply into all this text animator stuff, you just need to know that per character 3D exists and how to add that single animator. the rest is realyl just a simple rotation of the 3D layer combined with letting it fade in/ scaling in the letters.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to npaglia7

Well, the problem is the infinite number of possible combinations. You could do 5000 presets and still not have the right one in your portfolio that sells like crazy. It's the same as with any prefab content. What I think is interesting is no doubt different from what you and others think. And then of course one you have those presets, everybody uses them and they lose their magic. If you have specific querstions, feel free to ask, otehrwise I realyl suggest you try to learn this stuff at least a little so you can create your own library of effects.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to npaglia7

No, sorry. I don't do PMs. They always get zapped or else I'd be doing this all day. If you have questions, post the out in the open.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to npaglia7

Yes it can be done.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to npaglia7

Glad to help!

|