Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How can I view wordpress template in Dreamweaver

May 5, 2012 6:49 PM

I have some wordpress templates but can't view them in a browser since there is no index.html just php. How can I get around this and use a wordpress template as a regular dreamweaver CSS page? I don't want to load the wordpress app or the database in my server so is this possible?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2012 8:01 PM   in reply to James Bechdel

I don't want to load the wordpress app or the database in my server so is this possible?

No it is not possible because WP runs on apache server, MySql database and PhP.  If your theme is distributed by by WP then you can view it at this link:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

Search for your theme and if it is there, you can preview it before downloading.

Another option is to create a free blog/site at this link:

https://en.wordpress.com/signup/

You can then change the themes and try changing it using inline styles.  You are not allowed to upload any css files, plugins or your own themes at this link.  Even js is not allowed for security reasons.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 8:27 PM   in reply to James Bechdel

my real question should have been " how can I change a wordpress them to a regular html page?

by viewing it in a browser and copying the source code into a plain text file and saving it as.html (dot html, or dot htm).  But the real supplementary questioni should be "how can you view the file if you don't have a server"?.  Answer: you can't!!!!!

hth

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 9:59 PM   in reply to James Bechdel

I do have a server to use so what exatly to I name html because I'm confused about what to do with the index.php and all the other .php files.

Php files are just code and there is nothing you can do about them.  When the pages are online, viewers can only see the content because the php codes are used to retrieve the data from the MySQL database and display them on the screen.  The codes are not displayed to the general public because they are useless to them.

I would seriously recommend you to install XAMPP/MAMP on your system and keep using WP because that is where this world is going these days.  You have to get into dynamic sites because people like to create their own content all the time and to comment about almost everything.  People have views about everything these days because of the freedom they have got.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points