Skip navigation
AudioEditor
Currently Being Moderated

Can you raise audio level on just the left side of a stereo track?

May 5, 2012 12:42 PM

Video with two lavs and two channels but capturing as stereo. One of the lavs is really low. Anyway to just raise that one side? I have Premiere CS5.52 and Audition 5.5 but don't see an obvious way to do what I need in either program.

Thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 5, 2012 3:36 PM   in reply to AudioEditor

I would look at doing Break Out to Mono from the Project Panel, and then making adjustments to the necessary Track.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to AudioEditor

For myself, I prefer the Fill effects.  That'll center the channels.  You'll have to duplicate the audio track and use Fill Left on one and Fill Right on the other, but you end up with easily adjustable audio.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 2:01 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

For myself, I prefer the Fill effects.  That'll center the channels.  You'll have to duplicate the audio track and use Fill Left on one and Fill Right on the other, but you end up with easily adjustable audio.

But doesn't that leave you with two same mono tracks with the whole signal from both channels in there?

For me the easiest way is either apply the Channel Volume effect from the effects panel to the audio clip in the timeline

or, as Bill suggests, the Break out to Mono from the context menu to the source clip in the project panel.

--
    and keep smiling

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to Felix Lewis

Hm-m, I have never used the Channel Volume Effect. I think that it's time that I explored that, and learned something new.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Felix Lewis

doesn't that leave you with two same mono tracks with the whole signal from both channels in there?

No.  It leaves you with two different mono tracks - one for left and one for right.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

oh, that's nice, guess coming from avid, i've never touched this and always used break out to mono right away.

i learn something new everyday, thanks

--

and keep smiling

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points