Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

After Effects export/render time inconsistency issue

May 6, 2012 8:56 PM

Hi there, just a quick run down on my system (as outlined in the information to include in my post)

 

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core I7 2600k (Weak volt clock @ 3.9ghz)

RAM: 16GB (4x4) RIPJAWS X

  Primary HDD: OCZ Revo Drive X2 240GB

Secondary HDD: OCZ Vertex 2 240GB

GPU 1: Nvidia Gainward GTX580 Phantom (3GB DDR5)

GPU 2: Nvidia Gainward GTX580 Phantom (3GB DDR5)

 

I think thats about the necessary info relevant to this..

 

Now my issue is, I have videos which are ~ 40 seconds - 1 minute in length, and to render/export the entire video in LOW quality (i.e. 0) takes upto 4 times longer than to render the video at 10 (max quality).

 

I know people can argue 'be happy its faster' but its more the problem that the low quality is slower - I need it fast and poor quality just to check up on changes I make.

 

A single 5 second scene takes ~3 minutes in maximum quality, yet a single scene at lowest quality takes ~ 10 minutes.

 

I have adjusted settings and such which have been on youtube and read about around the web, including one which would accelerate the first 10% of the export to a few seconds worth, then bottleneck and take tenfold longer to render the other 90%, so that was largely a useless adjustment too.

 

Just a heads up, I'm using CS5, not 5.5.

 
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 9:02 PM   in reply to Blaze182

    Now my issue is, I have videos which are ~ 40 seconds - 1 minute in length, and to render/export the entire video in LOW quality (i.e. 0) takes upto 4 times longer than to render the video at 10 (max quality).

     

    And to what format? You're not making much sense and need to provide more info - especially what "low quality" means. If you're rendering at half resolution or something, then this could easily explain it because you are scaling the footage which at full res you simply don't. Similarly, other factors may figure in, but I'd dare a guess and say everything you see is A okay based on whatever settings you are using.

     

    Mylenium

     
    |
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to Blaze182

    Umm, sorry, but again, that's as productive as saying that your undies don't fit when we don't know your size... We need the exact settings. And not to point out the obvious: Exporting to SWF from AE? RLY? That's just godawful. All AE does is create a JPEG sequence embedded in an SWF with a few things possibly remaining vectors. How do you even dream of judging performance, when most of this is dependent on your Flash Player performance, anyway? Again, al lof this makes zero sense (to me, anyway). If you need to verify video playback, use a commonly accepted format like H.264 or WMV that plays to spec in most media players. Everything is else is guaranteed to mislead and confuse you and you'll forever be pulling out your hair trying to fix the problems you created for yourself.

     

    Mylenium

     
    |
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points