Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I Had CS5 Extended and the Installer Upgraded me to the CS6 Standard Version

May 6, 2012 11:20 PM

Can someone explain this to me in terms I can understand?

I was happily running CS5 Extended which I purchased about a year ago.

I installed the CS6 Beta and it installed the Extended version, which I assumed was the only beta available.

I pre-ordered CS6 about a week ago.  When the script asked me what version I had, I checked CS5 Extended.  It made no reference to CS6 Extended nor did it ask me which version I wanted.

I just downloaded and installed CS6 about an hour ago.  I removed the CS6 Beta first as instructed.  I registered the install with the serial number I was given.

I now have CS6 Standard!  What must I do to get the Extended version I was previously running?

(Also, there is a bug still extant in CS6 Bridge I was going to report the other day only to discover Adobe had made the CS6 Beta forum Read Only.  Let's get this Standard versus Extended problem fixed first.)

Gerry

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 11:44 PM   in reply to gswetsky

Sounds as if the serial number Adobe gave you is for the standard version.  Perhaps a mistake on their part or perhaps an ordering error somewhere along the line.

I have the CS5 Design Premium and I also have CS4 Extended.  I decided not to upgrade the CS5 DP so I just upgraded CS4E to CS6E.  No problems at all with the install so far.

Oops, a problem!  Camera Raw as shipped with CS6 does NOT support the Canon 5D Mark III.  What a bummer.  Looks as if Adobe dropped the ball.

Message was edited by: CR Henderson

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points