Skip navigation
Judge62
Currently Being Moderated

How do you change Backup Locations in LR3?

Sep 8, 2010 7:26 AM

I've noticed a problem with being able to change backup locations in Lightroom 3....more specifically, with LR3.2, but I'm sure this problem was happening before I upgraded to 3.2 yesterday (09/07).

Normally, I have had my backups created every single time I exit from LR3.  Every single time, a backup folder is created in the following folder:  Pictures\Lightroom 3\Backups.  Each backup folder is in the format DATE_Time

This seemed to work fine until 08/28.  After I upgraded to LR3.2 yesterday, I noticed that the backup locations now go into this folders:  Pictures\Lightroom 3\Backups\2010-28-10 0037.  For some reason, it's stuck on this folder, and I cannot seem to change it.

If I go to Edit Catalog, I can see this last mentioned backup location, but I cannot change it.

When I exit LR3.2, I am given an option to change the location to where I want it, and it does so, but it also still creates a backup in the Pictures\Lightroom\Backups\2010-28-10 0037 folder.  And, inspite of changing the location when I exit, this does not update the Edit Catalog Backup location.  I just cannot seem to change it permanently.

How can I do this?

One last question.  Normally, the LR Backup folders have the black LR icon on them.  Sometimes, they do not.  Any idea about why this is?  Can I fix it so it puts that icon on every time?

Thanks a lot

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to Judge62

It has been a while since this was posted but I discovered a similar situation on Lightroom 3 for my computer as well.  All my most recent back ups seem to be going into a July 2011 folder (which I almost deleted when I was clearing out outdated LR backp files).  I suspect it may be the date that I used LR3 for the first time, or perhaps created my current catalog.  I, too, would like to find a way to move the backups to a different folder so I don't accidentally delete them in the future.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to Figgie123

Assuming you are talking about catalog backup...

Next time the Backup dialog pops up, you can change the folder in the

dialog box itself.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points