Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 released

May 6, 2012 9:10 PM

Now you can legitimately download CS6 software.

You can order CS6 Production Premium here: http://adobe.ly/CCProd ... or try it free for 30 days: http://adobe.ly/In5IR5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd!

An observation about the process, however, for those who may be challenged by less-than-straightforward download processes. 

I decided to download the CS6 Master Collection Trial when I saw this thread.  I'm currently using a Mac Pro (OS 10.6.8) which has CS5.5 installed.

I hit the Download Now Button.  This takes you to a page that instructs you to download the Adobe Download Assistant, which I did.

I ran the ADA installer, entered my computer Admin password, installed it.  I'm then informed I need to update Adobe Air to continue. 

I agree, enter my computer Admin password again, and download the Air update. 

The Download Assistant then opens, and tells me there's a newer Adobe Download Assistant I need to install.  So I agree, download it, the Download assistant runs again.

I enter my Adobe ID and choose CS6 Master Collection for download (again).  Download begins.

Then another window opens telling me I need to update Adobe Air.  The Update button is greyed out. 

Then another one opens, just the same.

Screen shot 2012-05-07 at 2.24.21 PM.png

Poor Adobe, they do make me despair sometimes.  Why must ALL their installation routines be SO convoluted?  Surely a company who's software is actually used to build much of the web can make things a little simpler than this. 

Anyways, rant over.  Don't despair, fellow downloaders, it DOES work, you do get the trial software, and it's well worth it, for the new features in AE alone.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Poor Adobe, they do make me despair sometimes.  Why must ALL their installation routines be SO convoluted?  Surely a company who's software is actually used to build much of the web can make things a little simpler than this.

Yes, ADA/ ADM sucks. If you have trouble, feel free to ask in the Download, Install and Setup forum and we will try to spread love, peace and happiness.

and it's well worth it, for the new features in AE alone.

That is very much subject to point of view...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)