Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Release Date: May 11th?

May 6, 2012 7:26 PM

I just looked at my pre-order for Creative Cloud, and the estimated release date now says May 11th instead of the 7th. Anyone else seeing this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to JoeBaker1991

I am seeing the same on my account. Extremely disappointing. Didn't one of the Adobe employees post in this forum that we would be able to download the software beginning May 7th? Arpit Kapoor stated so here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4379836

UPDATE (05/07): According to The Verge, Adobe has released CS6 for download today. However from what I'm seeing, those of us choosing the Creative Cloud option will have to wait until the 11th. We'll see.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 7:44 PM   in reply to JoeBaker1991

Yes, me too. Another guy said they were told during a webinar a few days ago that it would be June 1. I don't know if it wil be that long, but I think the 7th is not happening.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:00 AM   in reply to DaleR000

There has been an announcement from Adobe asking Creative Cloud per-orderers to download the trials today and then activate on Friday via CC. That way we still get to use CS6 today.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 4:26 AM   in reply to Steve Perry Creative

i preordered 2 weeks ago and havn't heard a word

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 4:44 AM   in reply to Don Hoye

it's there!!!!!!!!!

downloading now..6. gigs in master collection

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 4:57 AM   in reply to JoeBaker1991

Does anyone know....for downloading the trials now, how exactly will this work?  After installing the trials, on Friday will we essentially get a valid serial number to enter to activate?

Couple of other questions:

1) The CC versions are the same as the regular purchased versions correct?

2) Creative Cloud just gives you a different type of license correct?

3) And with creative cloud...there is no more "Suite" install correct?  Everything is installed as a standalone app?

4) There's no downside in downloading and installing the trial is there?

-Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to netnothing

It's the route officially suggested by Adobe so I'm positive that all will be fine. At present (initial release) it's the same software.

My understanding is that further down the line the CC versions will supersede the perpetual versions but the initial releases are the same. After Effects trial has some limited functionality with regards to plugins.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Steve Perry Creative

Where did you see that this is the route suggested by Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to BobZ30

Also, its a little silly to have to wait an extra 5 days just to get a serial number mailed to you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to BobZ30

At the top of the main CC forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud

Yellow bar that says:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Where is my Creative Cloud membership pre-order?

Also in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2111

Still not sure I trust the trials.....might just wait until Friday.

-Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to DaleR000

Yeah....I think it's crazy that they couldn't have just activated the downloads portion of CC and say the other functionalities are coming on Friday.

Kind of ironic that Adobe touts one of the main features of CC as being able to get the latest FIRST....yet here we are, having to wait

-Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to netnothing

Yes it's a shame that we don't get CC until Friday however I'm up and running in CS6 as we speak (been using it all afternoon) using the trials and all is fine so far.

When you launch the software, it asks if you want to use as a trial or enter a license. I'm guessing that on Friday we'll get our license and just enter it to activate the software.

If you want CS6 today then that's your option, otherwise wait until Friday :)

I might have to eat my words if it breaks on Friday! ;)

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to Steve Perry Creative

Thanks for the info Steve.  Yeah let's hope come Friday just entering the license is all you need to do.

I called support and the gentleman I talked to claimed that you can do just that....there are NO differences between the trials and the versions you can download Friday.....which makes this decision even more bizarre!!

He did mention something about Adobe Application Manager.....but he wasn't clear.

Steve....did you download a suite....or just individual products?  Did you use the Adobe Download Assistant?

-Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to netnothing

From what I understand, Encore and a few of the After Effects plugins do not work with the Trial. Supposedly, after activating, it will allow you to download the missing pieces.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to netnothing

I downloaded the Master Collection from:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=master_collection

The link at the bottom downloads the Application Manager / Assistent and then you download the full suite and install via that. All you have to do is enter your Adobe ID and hit 'trial' when you install them.

The full MC suite is around 7GB and took me around 3hrs to download. I'm sure, if you wanted a shorter download time, that you could just download the apps you wanted to use and then download the remaining ones at the end of the week.

The suite doesn't include Muse and Edge, though. I think we have to wait for CC for those.

Hope that helps.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to Steve Perry Creative

Steve,

Thanks for the info.  Can I ask:

1) Did you install alongside your current apps or did you uninstall them first

2) Did any preferences get carried over?

-Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to netnothing

Once Creative Cloud Membership is available you can just convert CS6 trials into products licensed to your Adobe ID, there is a "License this product" button that appears at the bottom when launching CS6 trials that you'll want to use.

CS6 products can coexist with prior version installations, so its not required to uninstall prior versions.

Some of the CS6 now include built in functionality for migrating settings from a prior version, apps that support this will prompt you to do so on first launch. Photoshop CS6 does this for example.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points