Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

100s of possible answers - copy and paste?

Nov 24, 2011 8:02 PM

Tags: #copying_and_pasting #choices

Help! I have a question (drop down) on my form that has 100's of possible answers. I'm trying to copy and paste them into the answer possibilities in the form design but it ends up in one field instead of creating more? Is this possible or will I have to manually type them all out?

Replies
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2011 3:48 PM   in reply to CarlMoz

Sorry, you can't copy/paste in choices. You would have to manually re-enter them. Definitely something we will consider for the future - apologize for making you do extra work.

Randy

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 22, 2011 5:59 PM   in reply to CarlMoz

Be careful changing the questions...  I changed the options once and it changed my previous records to the new text.  I would recommend making a new field and copying over the control then changing the questions in the new field.  Or, use a new form each time and copy over the form structure leaving the old data in the archives.  Hope this makes sense...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to CarlMoz

No copy and paste??  What a joke.  No names can do this and Adobe can't???  If all your brilliant Form Central developers stopped what they were doing to fix this one issue, I guarantee your profits would double in a couple months.  This is the single reason I'm not using FC. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points