Media DB Error: 11

running Windows XP SP3

D@JH

Message was edited by: David_JH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David_JH did you have a CS6 beta installed previously?  Please run the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to see if it can identify what is causing your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no CS6 beta previously installed, only InDesign CS5 (not CS5.5)

after running ASA:

Inspection could not identify any issues. Please contact Adobe Support for further assistance. http://www.adobe.com/support

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok there will be an option to package support.  Can you please choose that option and respond to this thread with the token number it will provide you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, here it is:

00-07357-085507052012

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David_JH.  I wasn't able to see much in the installation logs either.  Can you please delete the contents of \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ and try the installation again.  Once done can you please utilize the Package for Support option again and respond with your updated token number.  This will give us a fresh install log to look at as opposed to the current series of logs which is available at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

00-36273-091607052012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry David_JD but I am still seeing references to installations as early as 4/30.  Were you able to locate \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\ successfully and delete it's contents?   Are you receiving your original error prior to being able to click on the installation button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted all the contents of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\.

I click the Install button and it begins to install. Approximately 20 to 30 seconds later I get the original error.

Are you looking at the correct log? I just took a look at it and all the references I see are for Mon May 07 12:14:54 2012.

I'll run ASA and package again. Here's the new token number:

00-62694-100607052012

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see references to 5/7 but 4/30 still persists even with your most recent token number.  You are welcome to follow the process detailed in Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html as the process to review the logs has not changed with CS6.

Otherwise I would recommend contacting our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add to my previous post the information I am seeing under 5/7 is not providing the errors which are occuring when you try to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we looking at different things?

Does the ASA Package gather data from somewhere else?

I'll start a chat with support to see if they can help.

From C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Setup Error.log.gz\Adobe Setup Error.log

[    2364] Mon May 07 12:13:45 2012  INFO
DEVersion: 6.0.0.0
Loading library from C:\~\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\DECore\DE6\Setup.dll
::START TIMER:: [Total Timer]
CHECK: Single instance running
CHECK : Credentials
Load Deployment File
CHECK : Another Native OS installer already running
Create Required Folders
Assuming install mode
Looking up install source path
[    4992] Mon May 07 12:13:45 2012  INFO
::START TIMER:: [Bootstrap]
Perform Bootstrapping ...
Sync Media DB ...
::START TIMER:: [Sync Media DB]
[    2364] Mon May 07 12:13:45 2012 ERROR
Media DB Error : 11
:: END TIMER :: [Sync Media DB] took 138.959 milliseconds (0.138959 seconds)
:: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 203.882 milliseconds (0.203882 seconds) DTR = 19.6192 KBPS (0.0191594 MBPS)
Waiting for Bootstrapping to finish...
[    4992] Mon May 07 12:14:54 2012  INFO
:: END TIMER :: [Bootstrap] took 68967.3 milliseconds (68.9673 seconds) DTR = 1084.34 KBPS (1.05893 MBPS)
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: Media DB Error : 11

Please search the above error/warning string(s) to find when the error occurred.
These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[    2364] Mon May 07 12:14:55 2012  INFO
Exit Code: 15 - Media DB Sync failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it should be grabbing from that location.  Yea without getting the proper install logs I am unable to diagnose exactly what is going on.  The errors provided so far are not actionable.  One to one support through chat has more options as they can work with you directly.  If you wouldn't mind posting what the resolution is though David_JH I would be interested to know the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will let you know what happens.

David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem installing cs6 design web premium on my new macbook pro. I kept getting the error 'designwebpremium_c invalid checksum'. It was attempting to mount with the default 'DiskImageMounter' but when I tried mounting through the Disk Utility it did mount. Maybe the same issue with your pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David_JH

I had the same issue with the exit code.

The following worked for me - deleting all files in the following folders

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\caps

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\backup

rerun the installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please if trying j3susl!ves solution insure you have removed any Adobe Creative software first.  These folders contain part of the licensing information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the same happens to David as happened to me, uninstall does not work for any adobe software currently installed. Oleder versions of Creative Suite did not update either due to the Exit Code 15 error. Once the files were removed, updates for the CS5 were successfully applied and programs opened.

And I was then able to install Dreamweaver CS6 without issue.

I had no licensing or activation issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing. Today is Aug 16, 2012. I am having the same exact issues downloading CS6 Design and Web Premium on my Mac OSX 10.7.4. You would think Adobe would include the recommended clean-up routines in the installer by now. This is very frustrating something as simple as a Mac would require such technical steps to install an application.

I encountered installation issues on my Windows box installing CS3 years ago. I thought it was just a MS issue. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines