Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AE CS 5.5 Mac OS 10.7, Imported screen captured .mov file is low quality

May 4, 2012 1:13 PM

Hello

I'm importing a few screen grabs that I made using Snapz Pro video. The quality of the original file is great. But when I import it into AE CS 5.5, and then zoom in and animate it, it looks really, really bad ONLY when I render at 1/2 resolution.

If I did the same thing to images, they would look fine. But this movie asset (h264) looks horrible unless it's rendered at exactly 100%.

To be clear, this only happens at render, and in the preview pane when the pane or render are set to less than 100%. If I view or render at 100%, it looks fine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 4, 2012 3:10 PM   in reply to spdorsey6969

You've given us insufficient information to make a meaningful diagnosis.  Please answer the the litany of questions found at this link:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200845#4200845

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to spdorsey6969

Start by turning off OpenGL rendering, and report back.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to spdorsey6969

I see that when you set the screen size to 50%, you also set the resolution to Half.  What's it look like at Full?

And even on the 100% shot, the detail in the video really isn't much to write home about.  Perhaps when you used the term "zoom" in your original post, you actually meant, "scale beyond 100%", and that's not good for any image.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 8:00 PM   in reply to spdorsey6969

You still haven't explained what you mean when you use the term, "zoom in".  Please descrive the amount of scaling you're doing, or shake loose a few more details about the project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points