Skip navigation
ford1999
Currently Being Moderated

edit workspace won't open?

May 7, 2012 8:53 AM

I just installed adobe photo shope elements 10 on my , Mac os.

I can open up the organize workspace, but whenever I try to open edit workspace it pops up a window saying it's opening and then the window goes away and nothing happens???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to ford1999

Open the editor while holding command+shift+option. Keep the keys down till you see a window asking if you want to delete the preference file. You do.

Also, it's a good idea to repair permissions after installing PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to ford1999

I am having the same problem but I am working on a computer with Windows 7. I've restarted and it will open editor once but then no more.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 1:39 PM   in reply to skipperblue2

In windows, you want ctrl+shift+alt instead of the mac keystrokes.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to skipperblue2

Bypass the Unwelcome Screen by creating Desktop shortcuts for the Organizer and the Editor, and restarting your computer.

The Editor's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

The Organizer's executable is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

The Unwelcome Screen leaves a zombie process running which prevents the actual program from launching again.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:31 PM   in reply to photodrawken

What is "unwelcome" screen?

Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 14:55:29 -0600

To: slussers5@msn.com

Subject: Re: edit workspace won't open? edit workspace won't open?

Re: edit workspace won't open?

created by photodrawken in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

Bypass the Unwelcome Screen by creating Desktop shortcuts for the Organizer and the Editor, and restarting your computer.  The Editor's executable is:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 10\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" The Organizer's executable is:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 10 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe" The Unwelcome Screen leaves a zombie process running which prevents the actual program from launching again. Ken

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: edit workspace won't open?

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: edit workspace won't open?. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to skipperblue2

The first screen that, by default, opens.  Adobe calls it the "Welcome Screen", but we know it by that more accurate name....

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points