Skip navigation
JamesStobJr
Currently Being Moderated

Can't install Premiere Elements 10

May 7, 2012 1:31 PM

I purchased the Photoshop elements/premiere elements, both from Amazon, I believe, and installed them on my computer. That computer died and I am currently setting up a new computer. Photoshop elements 10 installs and runs fine.

Premiere Elements 10, also seems to install fine but when I try to run it I get an error:6 and it tells me to contact support.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and cleaned until I practically wore out the disk.

Searches on Google and the form here have proved fruitless. Can anyone please help?

Thanks so much

Steve

PS I'm running Win 7 64 bit on and Intel based computer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to JamesStobJr

Do you receive the error 6 after installing Premiere Elements or during the install process?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 2:06 PM   in reply to JamesStobJr

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to JamesStobJr

I'm not really happy with Adobe just tossing people out to our forum without giving us any background or telling us what they've already tried. But oh well.

James, have you tried using this tool yet.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Also, it sounds like you've rebuilt your computer. Are you using the same hard drive? Was the hard drive wiped before you re-installed everything?

Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates (which are also very important, but don't load automatically)?

You may have to go to Windows Update, reboot and go back again several times to get them all.

Have you ensured you're installing the 64-bit version of Premiere Elements?

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:22 PM   in reply to JamesStobJr

James,

This is a general Adobe program installation CHECKLIST. I would review it, to make sure that you have done everything to get your program properly installed.

If the actual installation IS good, then look over this ARTICLE on setting up the computer to run PrE smoothly. It also starts with a checklist, then goes into tuning up the system and OS, and finally has links to help one troubleshoot issues.

Good luck, and sorry that you got bounced all about. Hope that we can help you here.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Steve my apologies but this posting originally showed up in the Download, Installation, and Setup forum.  After determing that JamesStopJr was not facing an issue with his installation I moved him to this forum for product specific troubleshooting.  We have a lot of users who initially post to the install forum.  I then move the thread to the appropriate forum after that.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Pease remove my email from all further correspondences . Thanks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to oreo52

Oreo52 please see How do I stop receiving email notifications from the Adobe Forums? - http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746 for instructions on how to adjust the e-mails you receive from the forum.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 3:57 PM   in reply to oreo52

Oreo,

That is something that YOU must do. See this ARTICLE for the steps to eliminate e-mail notifications. Note: there are several ways that one can be notified, and a couple of places to change those settings. Do not forget all locations.

Also note that the forums' software, Jive, has just been updated, so some of those screens will look different now, but the general syntax of the settings should be the same.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 4:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff,

Thank you for that link. I have just added it to my E-Mail Notification article, especially as the Jive software has recently been updated.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 4:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill is right. You need to actually try the things we suggest, James, and report your results in order for us to help you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points