Skip navigation
Jon-M-Spear 970 posts
Jan 27, 2006
Currently Being Moderated

Apparent CS 6 64 Bug:  Document Window  "snap" to Win 7 taskbar

May 7, 2012 11:55 PM

Set-up: 

Photoshop CS6 64; Windows 7 64:  Taskbar set to fixed view on the left hand side of a 2-monitor set-up.  Card:  nVidia Quatro FX3800:  All latest drivers

Issue:

Untabbed document windows cannot be repositioned on either monitor as it "snaps" back to left-hand edge of the left monitor.  Every time it is dragged to reposition and released, more of the document vanishes off the left hand side of the monitor until it is no longer visible.

Temporary Fix

Either tab the document window or move the taskbar to the bottom edge of the screen or set to auto hide.

Can we have a patch please - as this isn't the method I work.

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,052 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    May 8, 2012 12:37 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

Thanks. It's been reported during the beta. Let's hope it will be fixed shortly.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 1:21 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

PECourtejoie wrote:

Thanks. It's been reported during the beta. Let's hope it will be fixed shortly.

How can it be fixed shorty, if Photoshop CS6 was released today? I can't remember ever seeing a patch days or weeks after the final release.

Anyway...strange that a beta issue was reported and seemingly ignored,.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 6:34 AM   in reply to sbdb

sbdb wrote:

PECourtejoie wrote:

How can it be fixed shorty, if Photoshop CS6 was released today? I can't remember ever seeing a patch days or weeks after the final release.

Both CS4 and CS5 have had patches/updates after their initial release. I'm sure CS6 will be no different.

M

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    May 8, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

Try the Autohide setting of the Taskbar for a while.  You'll find it grows on you.  I have been using that setting for years now.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Mollysnoot

Mollysnoot wrote:

sbdb wrote:

PECourtejoie wrote:

Both CS4 and CS5 have had patches/updates after their initial release. I'm sure CS6 will be no different.

M

Do you always automatically assume that people are clueless, instead of doubting your reading skills?

Please read, I quote: "I can't remember ever seeing a patch DAYS OR WEEKS after the final release" in response to "Let's hope it will be fixed SHORTLY"

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to sbdb

sbdb wrote:

Do you always automatically assume that people are clueless, instead of doubting your reading skills?

Please read, I quote: "I can't remember ever seeing a patch DAYS OR WEEKS after the final release" in response to "Let's hope it will be fixed SHORTLY"

Well sorry about that. Welcome to the forum by the way. Good to have you around.

M

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 12:47 AM   in reply to Mollysnoot

Hi there, for me (Windows 7 64bit, CS6 Extended 64bit Trial), auto-hiding the Windows taskbar does not fix the wild windows jumping after dragging. Is there more to it? Are you really talking about the Windows taskbar or some other taskbar of Photoshop (not Windows OS)?

Also, I would not say the image windows snap to the taskbar. They just jump a bit randomly. Mostly high up in the program window, covering the main menus, but sometimes, when dragging them quite far down, just a few cm left or right or up or down...

Thanks,

g

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,049 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 7, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

Try the Autohide setting of the Taskbar for a while.  You'll find it grows on you.  I have been using that setting for years now.

Noel everyone have their own preferences the more I use tabbed editing the more I dislike it the same with Windows auto hide task bar.  With CS6 I'm forced to use Tabbed Editing for too many thing are broken in CS6 if you prefer floating windows. Its so bad I actually stop testing CS6 which I paid for because Adobe told me the bug I reported in CS5 was fixed.  That was not correct that bug is still there. Additionally Adobe has introduced additionally bugs in the Action Player and in Photoshop Scripting the default Preference for interpolation was not added to scripting and causes errors.  Adobe also added some lame new features with poor design and implementation like recording brush strokes.  I thought CS5 was a bad release CS6 has surpassed it for sure.  I'm waiting for a fix to come out for now CS3 is the way to go. 

Adobe whatever happened to regression testing before releasing a new version.   Have you replaced the expense hoping users doing beta testing will do that for you. I wait for new releases for I do not want to be a beta tester.   IMO your CS6 release is a beta you made us pay for.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,052 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Jun 7, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to JJMack

JJ, the fact that brush strokes do not record the tool is a feature: it allow to paint it back with different brushes.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to JJMack

* This is a reply too JJmack above - this stupid forum software won't let me put it there, sorry PE

I feel your pain man, but I actually let CS3 go awhile back for 90% of what I do. Upgrading to CS6 @work will be a whole 'nuther thing though. Even with things like background save and GPU magic, the GUI 'features' (and I use the term loosely) including that buggy window snapping isn't something I wish to impose on my co-workers. I'll soon be updating my home workstation with Win7 64 on a new SSD and CS6 Master Collection - but you can bet that PS CS5 will be on there too for while longer...

TLL

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,049 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 7, 2012 8:39 PM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

PECourtejoie wrote:

JJ, the fact that brush strokes do not record the tool is a feature: it allow to paint it back with different brushes.

CS6 has a new feature that let you record brush strokes. You will see in in the Actions Palette's fly-out ment "Allow Tool Recording".  Brush strokes can be recorded using CS6 Acrions Palette.  However it not well designed or implemented.  For example If I record some brush strokes on a fast machine it may record 8MB of tool data. If I record the same brush strokes on a slow machine it may record as little as 204KB of tool data.  If you play the action recorded on the fast machine on the slow machine it may take the action player ten minuets to do the brush stroke where the same action plays in seconds on the fast machine. Yes the design does not seem to record the actual bush used but you can code around that problem by rcording the selection of a brush preset in the action before recording the brush strokes. However the action is machine dependant.  Do we need feature like this that may work feature like content aware move.  Adobe remove a realy poor extract plugin is content aware move any better then extract was?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to JJMack

I hope there is a fix for this soon.  This is really irritating for me, as I don't like the new tabbed format. 

Regards,

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to Dave.Cox

By putting back the Windows Taskbar to the bottom, it works... But I want to use my Win Taskbar at the top, so it is annoying, yes.

ADOBE WE WANT A PATCH!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,528 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jun 18, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to benfal

Auto-hiding the Taskbar on top is another workaround.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

The update to 13.0.1 contains a fix for this issue:

An http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5408

Go grab it, install it, and try it out. Let us know how it goes!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to Pete.Green

The update work great.  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)