• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change play video immediately ?

May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using  Stream Class on Server side to play video.

It look like:  myStream.play("sample", 0, -1, true);

When server play streaming and publishing my "sample" file, maybe I need using another app call this app, stop playing and play other video ? And end-user view my streaming no interruptions when switch between 2 file video.

How can I do that ?

Mai Huy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

I am not sure if i got your use case clearly but let me try to answer it. I think you just need to very simple thing.

Whenever you want to change the video , call server-side function (either by some timer or some other server-side app or some other flash client) which in turn would make another play call.

Example

function changeVideo(){

mystream.play("newvideo",0,-1,true);

}

You can chose last parameter to be "true" if you want new file to be played immediately or "false" if you want first file to b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if i got your use case clearly but let me try to answer it. I think you just need to very simple thing.

Whenever you want to change the video , call server-side function (either by some timer or some other server-side app or some other flash client) which in turn would make another play call.

Example

function changeVideo(){

mystream.play("newvideo",0,-1,true);

}

You can chose last parameter to be "true" if you want new file to be played immediately or "false" if you want first file to be played fully and then second file playback.

Your client would subscribe to stream by name which was used in Stream.get() when mystream was created.

Let me know if you want me to elaborate more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct. Thanks your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines