Skip navigation
MarekGr
Currently Being Moderated

still images

May 7, 2012 3:44 PM

HI sorry for questation . I have camera JVC-MS120 . I am create project for flash camdorder and video is ok.But if I add photos to this project the still images is not good is fuzzy.But If I create 720p project the still images is ok . In the 720p project I do not convert video from MS120. How processing this ?If I click ENTER the video from JVC is convert to 720p or not . And convert to dvd disk ? thanx

marek

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 3:52 PM   in reply to MarekGr

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those Still Images?

If larger than the Frame Size of your Project, they should be Scaled in a program, such as Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements, prior to being Imported into PrE.

This ARTICLE goes into more detail, and will give steps on Automating>Batch with PS/PSE Actions, so one can Scale an entire folder in moments.

Also, as with Still Images, PrE is basically creating Video from a Still Image, Rendering the Timeline will improve the clarity and smoothness of those Still Images, but has no effect on the output file. Properly Scaling the Still Images WILL have an impact on output.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 6:23 AM   in reply to MarekGr

If you have ONLY Still Images, and plan on delivering as HD, say on a BD (Blu-ray Disc), then I would go with a 1920 x 1080 Project, and Scale the Still Images to that, or only slightly above, say 2000 x 1500, if you need to do a bit of Panning on a Zoomed out Image.

If you are mixing Video and Stills, then set the Project's Preset (at New Project) to match the Video, and then Scale the Still Images to match that.

Scaling in PS, or PSE, will be superior to letting PrE do the Scaling, as the algorithms are better, and hence will be the output. Also, that will remove a big processing load from the computer.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to MarekGr

With Video and Still Images, you will want to create a New Project, that matches your Video exactly.

Then, Scale all Still Images to match that, say 1080 x 720, if that is the Frame Size of your Video.

What are the full specs. of your Video? What camera did it come from, and what shooting mode was used?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points