Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cloud concerns...

Apr 30, 2012 12:49 PM

Is there lightning? And when it rains, will it destroy all our files cause the computers get wet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to davidbeisner2010

Being in the part of the country you were in (you have moved, right?) and that I am in temporarily, how about them TORNADOS! They are doing followups this week on the storms a year ago. Still lots of damage around...

Does Adobe have a Tornado plan for the cloud? Hm?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to davidbeisner2010

you may think its called " the cloud " , but in reality it is THE CLAW !  The claw decides who will stay and who will go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9t5ZqeHcYk

"farewell, my friends, I am going on to a better place ! "

the cloud copy.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 5, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to davidbeisner2010

Going back many years, Bill Gates touted similar for the MS OS. Every day, one would boot up their computer, and hook into Redmond to download their OS. That idea passed, but now we get "The Cloud."

My problem with the majority of the world's computers needing to connect to Redmond, just to run, was what would happen if Gates woke up in a foul mood, decided that the world was not abiding by his wishes, and he wished to "show them a thing, or two?" Almost like a James Bond film, Gatesfinger...

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

even worse still....

you invite client over to do a final adjustment to roughcut... and he comes over to your editing suite... and you yap about stuff, say HI HI HI to each other, pet dog hello, all that stuff, sit down, turn on computer and " WHAT THE ???? "

THE mssg comes up...." validating software, one moment please,....."

THEN the mssg comes up...." updating software to version ABC, one moment please ....."

THEN the mssg comes up ..." your wife bought a new dress yesterday and your credit card is overdrawn.... you account is closed "

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!

YOUR CLIENT RUNS OUT NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN !

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 12:00 AM   in reply to able123

Or like me, you in darkst Africa, somthing happens like, oh power outage , the Phone line are stolen or your ADSL internet speed drops to a dialup and your call drop or the line get stolen again ........ Cloud may great for many but I would rather pay more for and have a copy in hand.....  

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to Anthony Abegglen

hehe... phone lines stolen for copper ?? or fiber optic ??  thanks for the laugh....

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 10:23 PM   in reply to able123

Y'all are aware that using Premiere Pro as part of the Creative Cloud Membership subscription has nothing whatsoever to do with storing any of your files "on the cloud", right? All that it means is that once per month (and only once per month), your computer needs to be connected to check its license.

If you don't want to use that system, then don't; just use the conventional perpetual license system, which never requires that your computer be connected to the Internet.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 2:39 AM   in reply to able123

Unfornately it is a very big joke most of the lines are copper and it is the current norm to steal copper lines, a 1mb line is not a 1mb line it is more like a 384kbit line   As for Cloud It is great way of protecting your software once bought and cost is more affordable for the 1yr subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to Anthony Abegglen

Gavin,

Yes, "the pump won't work, 'cause the vandals stole the handle... "

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd,

Here in "sunny" Arizona, we don't see that many "clouds... "

Just a joke! You showed me one way that the Creative Cloud could help certain shops, and I appreciate that. Often, it's hard for me to see beyond MY situation.

Good luck with The Cloud.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Sad but ture it is the case here in Africa, anything but exspect concrete is fair game. It makes me wonder if they with steal the Cloud to....................

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points