I have a complementary upgrade to Production Premium CS6. Can I download and install the trial until I get the serial number, then just enter the serial number in the trial version? Any difference from the retail version? Thanks.
There's a possibility that the trial version, in order to reduce the download size, may be missing some assets like Encore menu templates and such, but these items can be downloaded through your Adobe Account later on if need be.
Safe Harbor Computers
missing some assets like Encore menu templates and such, but these items can be downloaded through your Adobe Account later on if need be.
As far as I know (from previous messages) that has always been the case with the FULL download... one download for the program and "some" content, and a separate download for the "rest" of the content
> As far as I know (from previous messages) that has always been the case with the FULL download... one download for the program and "some" content, and a separate download for the "rest" of the content
Now it's true even for people getting the shiny discs, bit just the downloads.
This http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purch ases.html says an email will be sent about 10 days after the product ships
I don't work for Adobe, so I don't know if that means 10 days after the discs begin to ship, or 10 days after you purchase a download and are then able to download
I had an on-line chat with support regarding this, and the said that you would get the email with a cupon code just after they started to ship out the products, so my guess is that it would then be 10 days after shipment, but again, I don't know when they start to ship out - hope it will be soon
> If I made my purchase directly from Adobe, do I still need to fill out the Post-Announce Upgrade Request form? Will it be faster than waiting?
I don't have the slightest clue. I know video software, not the details of pricing, shipping, etc.
If you have questions about these sorts of things, contact Adobe Customer Service:
Well, I'm not sure, but I was told by two different Adobe rep's that I would get an e-mail automaticly, when shipping would start, but you could try and send in the form.
I just hope it will be out before my trial runs out
I also am waiting for that email. I am assuming that they started shipping on 5-7? I am kinda assuming that means these emails should come around the 17th? I know I have seen online that many have already received CS6 that purchased it.
If you post the case number for your Customer Service transaction during which you got "the runaround", I can have someone in Customer Service look into it.
BTW, check your email spam folder. A lot of the email about the upgrade has been trapped in people's spam filters.
Same story here lockhartgary. I've been trying for 2 weeks to get Adobe to live up to their obligation. I puchased CS5.5 March 27, 2012 from Video Guys with the understanding I would receive CS6.0 for no additional charge. The 5.5 software was registered in early April. I've talked to Adobe 3 times on the phone, opened two cases and provided a scan of my receipt/proof of purchase and I'm still waiting.
I puchased CS5.5 March 27, 2012 from Video Guys
Same purchase option. I submitted 5/15. Received email requesting a non-PO Box address. Updated info on 5/16. I did NOT receive an email, but checked on line and found that their response was updated on 5/17. It said my submission was validated, that I was eligible, that they were processing my "upgrade order," and that processing could take 7-10 business days.
Assumning we don't count Saturdays and this next Monday (Memorial Day), the 10 day point will be June 1.
While they have no control over Adobe's processing, did you call Videoguys to see if they have any suggestions?
I've just read through the notes for the cases that you posted, and it says that your order has been placed after an escalation to an upper-level support person. It doesn't look like "the runaround" to me.
This is a holiday weekend, so I wouldn't expect anything to advance today or tomorrow, but let us know if you haven't received a positive response by the end of this week.