Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Complimentary Upgrade to CS6

May 7, 2012 5:04 PM

I have a complementary upgrade to Production Premium CS6.  Can I download and install the trial until I get the serial number, then just enter the serial number in the trial version?  Any difference from the retail version?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to {KMS}

Should work fine. Worst case, you uninstall CS6 and reinstall from discs--but I don't think that will be necessary.

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 10:15 PM   in reply to Colin Brougham

There are no differences between the trial version and full version of Premiere Pro... except that the trial version expires, of course. See this:

http://adobe.ly/hcOibb

Same with After Effects. See this:

http://adobe.ly/ha8ANY

Encore doesn't function in the trial version.

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 8:35 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

There's a possibility that the trial version, in order to reduce the download size, may be missing some assets like Encore menu templates and such, but these items can be downloaded through your Adobe Account later on if need be.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

Jeff, that has nothing to do with the trial version. With CS6, all users will need to separately download the Encore menu templates and other "functional content".

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 9:23 AM   in reply to SAFEHARBOR11

SAFEHARBOR11 wrote:

missing some assets like Encore menu templates and such, but these items can be downloaded through your Adobe Account later on if need be.

Jeff Pulera

As far as I know (from previous messages) that has always been the case with the FULL download... one download for the program and "some" content, and a separate download for the "rest" of the content

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to John T Smith

> As far as I know (from previous messages) that has always been the case with the FULL download... one download for the program and "some" content, and a separate download for the "rest" of the content

Now it's true even for people getting the shiny discs, bit just the downloads.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 6:10 PM   in reply to {KMS}

This http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purch ases.html says an email will be sent about 10 days after the product ships

I don't work for Adobe, so I don't know if that means 10 days after the discs begin to ship, or 10 days after you purchase a download and are then able to download

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:30 PM   in reply to John T Smith

I had an on-line chat with support regarding this, and the said that you would get the email with a cupon code just after they started to ship out the products, so my guess is that it would then be 10 days after shipment, but again, I don't know when they start to ship out - hope it will be soon

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to UlfLaursen

>  If I made my purchase directly from Adobe, do I still need to fill out the Post-Announce Upgrade Request form?  Will it be faster than waiting?

I don't have the slightest clue. I know video software, not the details of pricing, shipping, etc.

If you have questions about these sorts of things, contact Adobe Customer Service:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Well, I'm not sure, but I was told by two different Adobe rep's that I would get an e-mail automaticly, when shipping would start, but you could try and send in the form.

I just hope it will be out before my trial runs out

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 9:19 PM   in reply to UlfLaursen

I also am waiting for that email. I am assuming that they started shipping on 5-7? I am kinda assuming that means these emails should come around the 17th? I know I have seen online that many have already received CS6 that purchased it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to Clearshot Video

Hi

No email received so, I created a support case asking about the upgrade. Adobe processed an order, and its on the way in the post!

CHris

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to cjacs987654

Anybody else still waiting for the upgrade to CS6 or is it just me.  I have called and chatted with Adobe numerous times and all I get is the runaround.

Gary

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to lockhartgary

If you post the case number for your Customer Service transaction during which you got "the runaround", I can have someone in Customer Service look into it.

BTW, check your email spam folder. A lot of the email about the upgrade has been trapped in people's spam filters.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 10:40 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Case number(s) 0208403216 and 0208390065.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 9:58 PM   in reply to lockhartgary

Same story here lockhartgary.  I've been trying for 2 weeks to get Adobe to live up to their obligation.  I puchased CS5.5 March 27, 2012 from Video Guys with the understanding I would receive CS6.0 for no additional charge.  The 5.5 software was registered in early April.  I've talked to Adobe 3 times on the phone, opened two cases and provided a scan of my receipt/proof of purchase and I'm still waiting.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 7:10 PM   in reply to 3200K

I puchased CS5.5 March 27, 2012 from Video Guys

Same purchase option. I submitted 5/15. Received email requesting a non-PO Box address. Updated info on 5/16. I did NOT receive an email, but checked on line and found that their response was updated on 5/17. It said my submission was validated, that I was eligible, that they were processing my "upgrade order," and that processing could take 7-10 business days.

Assumning we don't count Saturdays and this next Monday (Memorial Day), the 10 day point will be June 1.

While they have no control over Adobe's processing, did you call Videoguys to see if they have any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 10:17 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Gary,

I've just read through the notes for the cases that you posted, and it says that your order has been placed after an escalation to an upper-level support person. It doesn't look like "the runaround" to me.

This is a holiday weekend, so I wouldn't expect anything to advance today or tomorrow, but let us know if you haven't received a positive response by the end of this week.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Todd

Thanks for looking into this. 

Gary

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to lockhartgary

Hi All

I to am waiting for my cs6 pack, but why dont you download the trial, that will give you 30 days by which i expect you will have your licence key

Regards

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to cjacs987654

A great idea, I did that too - I have my serials now, and you just put them in and continue to work

/Ulf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points