Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollovers don't appear - Cap 5

May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for an answer to my problem on this board with no luck.  In Cap 5, my rollovers don't appear on the slide. When I rollover the text, the cursor remains an arrow and nothing happens. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about a situation after publishing or during Preview? If it is preview: which way of previewing did you try?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In preview mode, viewing next 5 slides.

Since posting, a colleague deleted it and recreated it and it is now showing.

However, I’m still having the same problem on a new slide I’m creating. I can’t get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Timeline, of the Stage and of the Properties panel for both rollover area AND (rollover caption, image or slidelet)? I understand that the rollover area has text in it, but what is the rollover itself?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One thing you may want to check is in the Properties panel. It dawns on me that perhaps you may think you need to clear the "visible" check box because you don't want the user to see the rollover area.

tmp1.PNG

If that's what you did, this is one reason they aren't working.

Another reason could be that you have a button or click box object that is pausing the slide before the playhead reaches the rollover area.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help. I got the rollover boxes to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what you did to make them work? It may help the next person down the line.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the rollovers and started over is my simple answer. It worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder, was this a project originally created in an older version of captivate and then upgraded to 5/5.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it was all created in Cap 5. I sent the file to another CAP 5.5 user and they couldn't figure out why the roll-overs weren't working. We decided to delete and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources