Skip navigation
BrettSimms
Currently Being Moderated

Blur Gallery: controls missing entirely

May 8, 2012 2:35 PM

Just installed the full version of CS6 EX, 64bit.  Tried the new blur filters but I am only getting the palettes opening on the side, but the nothing else. Non on-image controls pop up, no "ok" or "cancel" bar either. The controls are active somehow, in that I am locked out of closing Photoshop, but I can select other tools and do work. Weird.

Any tips?

b

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to BrettSimms

Likely an issue with your video card. Check Preferences > Performance, do you see an option that says "Use Graphics Processor" and is it checked? If so, click the Advanced Settings button and change Drawing Mode to Basic. If not, if it is greyed out, then your video card is either not up to snuff or the driver needs to be updated.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to BrettSimms

There might be slight performance issues with "Use Open CL" disabled, things moving a little bit slower.

Not sure exactly why you'd be running into an issue like this. It is a fairly recent card, so it would make sense that it would work. What is the version of the driver you are using and what OS are you on?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to BrettSimms

OK, that is the latest version of the driver. Strange that it works in 32-bit mode, which would suggest some sort of compatability issue with the 64-bit video card drivers.

Also, Extended vs not Extended will not make a difference on this one, that's just your serial number, the installed program is exactly the same, but in non-extended some tools are missing. But the missing tools have nothing to do with the new Blur Gallery.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to BrettSimms

Right, consider this reported as a bug. There isn't much to do at this time, just use the workaround of leaving OpenCL off for now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Brett N

I have the same problem, but the workarounds suggested don't have any effect.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:00 PM   in reply to brianbge

And what video card are you working with Brian?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to Brett N

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB on a MacBook Pro

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to brianbge

What version of the MacOS?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 2:11 AM   in reply to Brett N

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to brianbge

Yours is an older video card than Brett's, but in theory it should still work (although it is at the minimum for supporting Photoshop). Perhaps what we are dealing with is a lack of system resources. Try running Photoshop with nothing else going, perhaps even running in Safe Boot to make sure nothing is using up any of that 256 MB of VRAM.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:11 PM   in reply to Brett N

PS running on its own in Safe Boot mode has no effect. BTW, I am almost sure that the controls worked OK in the Beta Trial version.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to Brett N

The in-image controls actually work OK when the mouse is hovered until the control points are found, navigation is blind tho' as there is no white over image of the guides or controls. Hope you understand what I mean.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to Brett N

Solved.  Simply check the show edit pins in the View menu. Pity about the wild goose chase down the Graphics Card route.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to brianbge

That should be on by default. When you removed the Beta, did you also remove the preferences? Maybe something got tripped up in translation.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points