• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a way to protect SWF from decompilers (as they can extract the SWF from Android's APK)

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an Android app that will be used in competitions, so protection from cheating is very important. I've noticed that Flash places the SWF file inside the APK file, which can be extracted as APK is just a ZIP file.

Is there any way to protect the SWF from decompilers?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you say seems to be the case, I can get back the original timeline and document class. You could try the publishing setting of "Protect from import", see if that slows down decompilers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, protect from import doesn't help. Already tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you mean under 'cheating'? Increase game money or scores? Or stole game?

You can't protect if above is yes because if you can protect from decompilers - you can't protect from dissassemblers. I wokring on security in flash and I can hack any flash and I know that I'm saying.

Let me know from what you want protect exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines