Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash player could not record, how to fix this?

Apr 30, 2012 11:02 AM

First of all I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure where to put it even though I'm tech savvy however, with all the latest puts me a bit in behind. Anyway, put this post anywhere that sees fit.

Ok now, I have attached the image and please see below. Explaination as follows...

flash problem.jpg

I will hold the technical details for now, however, I like to superfically explain what happened. To begin with a bit of a history.

Few months ago I had a problem with my computer with isolated issue. Then of course, it's a fresh OS installed and everything - applications and programs installed with everything updated including Windows updates and even the latest flash. Up untill a few weeks ago, it stopped working/ I would not record, the image above is just like that. I tried uninstalling flash components and reinstalled it again; didn't work. Cleaned the cache; that didnt work too. I forget one other thing right now because I'm frusterated inhibiting communications.

The version I have currently is: "You have version 11,2,202,233 installed"

Ok, that's pretty much I have right now and will respond after I receive a reply.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to Twelphe

Hi!

This forum is dedicated to the latest Preview version of Flash Player (currently 11.3.300.231). 

First things first, let's get you on the latest beta to see if the problem goes away:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-3.html

I'd like to know a few details:

1.) What version of Windows are you running?

2.) What browser and version are you running?

3.) What's the exact model of your webcam.  It's usually on the tag on the USB cable.

4.) Does the webcam work fine in an application that's not Flash?

5.) Does the webcam output look corrupted in the Settings Manager?

To check this, do the following:

Right-Click on some Flash Content

Choose Settings

Click the Camera tab (the right-most tab)

Click on the larger square with the camera icon.  You should see a preview of what the camera is seeing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to Twelphe

I believe the issue you're describing is tracked here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3160365

According to the bug, the issue has been fixed.  The latest version of Flash Player 11.3 is 11.3.300.250.  Please upgrdae to the latest version and try again.

If the issue persists, please double-check that the correct Flash Player version is being displayed in your browser by going here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to Twelphe

The issue in the bugbase is marked as fixed.  If you're still seeing the problem, I want to re-open the bug.  Otherwise, nobody is going to look at it.

Are you still able to reproduce this problem under the following conditions?

1.) With Flash Player 11.3.300.250 installed?

2.) With Flash Player 11.3.300.250 installed, and the recording software that came with your camera also running?

Best regards,

Jeromie Clark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points