Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Flash file (.swf) into a .pdf

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

is it possible for  Captivate Flash file (.swf) into a .pdf  ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are asking if it is possible to publish a Captivate project file as PDF, the answer is YES.  Look on the Publish dialog for the option to output to PDF.

PublishOption_PDF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  RadWard,

I'm using Adobe Captivate 5.5  And  Adobe Reader version 10 , i run thus project work fine but  when  i publish to pdf display blank in pdf sheet   ( i used For .Swf File Animation Slide ) , i think then only Display Blank , how can solve this Problem   RadWard.

Thanks

Raja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same issue as you've posted on another thread here right?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4387199#4387199

As I suggested in that thread, if your SWF file requires some external file in order to work properly, then after you publish the project as a PDF it won't work because it cannot find the file it needs.

Is this crossword puzzle SWF totally self-contained so that it will run without needing any other files? Or does it rely on other files (e.g. XML or AS files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodward,

Your Correct i'm using Swf with Action Script 2.0 .     than only come that problem ,  it is possible to solve thus problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not double post this issue.  It wastes people's time.

You mention above you are using Captivate 5.5.  You should be aware that Cp 5 or 5.5 will only accept SWF files created using AS3, not AS2.  This is probably why your published PDF is not working.

If you have access to the source files that created this SWF, you might be able to either recode it in AS3 or else find someone familiar with ActionScript that can do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok sorry,  i explain Detailly i try to develop  crossword using Adobe Captivate 5.5  but i can't do this , Then only i try to intergrate with swf(As2) File  , when run this project it's Work fine ,But i try to publish to Pdf , Pdf display Blank Pages.  This is my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given you all the information I have.  Do not use AS2 files in Captivate 5 or 5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources