Skip navigation
omn247
Currently Being Moderated

From cs4 to cs5 keys

May 9, 2012 12:32 AM

Is there a intuitive way to export my personalized keyboard shortcuts from InDesign CS4 to CS5?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 12:42 AM   in reply to omn247

Yes, there is a location where this keyboard shortcut get saved , its in the preferenes

Refer to the link:- http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990 for the location

It would under InDesign Defaults , the folder would be named "Indesign Shortcut Sets" , just copy the file and paste it in the same location for Indesign cs5

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 4:51 AM   in reply to omn247

Importing the CS4 shortcuts into CS5 doesn't work. In fact, doing so can break other things.

Best bet is to print out your list from CS4 and systematically rebuild in CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 5:36 AM   in reply to omn247

The reason moving CS4 shortcuts forward doesn't work has to do with changed and new behaviors of some modifier keys. I haven't tried it, but I don't think there is any reason that CS5 shortcuts won't work in CS6.

As far as complete removal of previous versions, all of the experienced users here will tell you that is not required for installation and that your license allows for a transition period where you may keep an old version active. New versions do not disable or conflict with previous versions of ID, and having your old version installed is actually quite important if yiou need to continue to work on legacy documents in the original format or to collaborate with other users who do not have the latest version.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to omn247

I wrote a pair of script that cover this case. See my post at the end of Importing CS4 Keyboard Shortcuts to CS5, dated Aug 8, 2011.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 6:17 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Hi ,

I tested moving the keyboard shortcut from CS4 to CS5.5 and it worked .

Check the screen recording :- http://tinyurl.com/kryboardshortcut1

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers