Skip navigation
bartleijnen
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with multiple article import under new Folio builder panel

May 7, 2012 11:05 AM

Tags: #error #pdf #import #multiple #article

Hi guys,

If you try to import multiple articles in pdf format, it looks like they are imported as jpg's. No zooming functionality. If you try to do this one by one, there is no problem. This was already a problem if you upgraded to a newer version of CS5.5 under build 18 and 19 (7.5.2 I believe). But now it doesn't seem to work anymore in build 7.5.0. Is it maybe a solution to upgrade?? Need to upload 320 articles ini 2 times. You can imagine I like to do this in one time. :-)

Thanks,

Bart

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2012 2:55 PM   in reply to bartleijnen

Hi Bart,

We had someone test this internally using CS5.5 and CS6, and v20 of our tools. When the folio was created as PDF, and then multiple articles were imported, the resulting articles are indeed PDF as expected. While you may see a progress window flash past and reference creating a PNG, that is likely for the thumbnail icons used for TOC navigation, etc., and not the actual article.

How are you testing the pinch and zoom functionality? By deploying the folio to an iPad device? Are you creating v19 or v20 folios? (I.e. have you just updated your panel or the tools as well?)

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 8, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to bartleijnen

Authoring of PDF content scales down to the "Auto" setting if the import is done with smooth scrolling articles. This is a decision made to protect the performance in the viewer (smooth scrollingn PDFs crash on occasion).

The alteration of the PDF/Auto setting is done via an algorithm that's complicated, and is dependent on a number of factors related to article length and content. If you'd like to ensure PDF output, do not select the smooth scrolling option.

I hope this helps, thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 7:07 PM   in reply to bartleijnen

Hi Bart,

I am having similar issues with zooming not being functional while previewing on iPad.

I've imported multiple articles with PDF format selected (smooth scrolling set to "never") using Folio Builder 12.2.2 and previewing on iPad in Content Viewer.

Prior to updating Folio Builder to 12.2.2, the PDF zooming was working as expected.

Tim

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points