Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is CS6 slow, 64bit-mode or not?

May 8, 2012 12:27 PM

Tags: #performance #cs6

Got the CS6 trial for OSX. Its not nearly as responsive as promised.

It can't handle average files with let say 30states in it.

Escpecially if you create symbols with a lot of elements(30+) which are nested and you want to edit those symbols, there is huge perfomance drop:

You can't use your keyboard for moving elements within those symbols. The programs give you no feedback what it is doing.

Then I checked the activity monitor: Apparently fireworks is not running in 64bit mode.

Is this just the trial version or is the Adobe-Add misleading that it should be running in 64bit?

My comp-specs:

lates iMac

20GB Ram

SSD 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 1:41 AM   in reply to algro3

I have exactly the same problems. Opening the preview window takes ages, although the file is just a few MB in size. Whats wrong with this programm?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 4:20 AM   in reply to graugans Design

Performance improvement in CS6 is made interms of refreshing the Property inspector on Mac platform.

On Windows platform file open /edit and save limit has been increased for 64 bit machines.

Adobe Fireworks CS6 is a 32-bit application only.Also performance interms of rendering on canvas or preview is not changed in CS6.

Thanks

Shubha

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

And why it has not been improved? Its so obvious slow!

Dennis Itzwerth

Am 09.05.2012 um 13:20 schrieb Shubhashri CG <forums@adobe.com>:

Re: Why is CS6 slow, 64bit-mode or not?

created by Shubhashri CG in Fireworks - View the full discussion

Performance improvement in CS6 is made interms of refreshing the Property inspector on Mac platform.

On Windows platform file open /edit and save limit has been increased for 64 bit machines.

Adobe Fireworks CS6 is a 32-bit application only.Also performance interms of rendering on canvas or preview is not changed in CS6.

Thanks

Shubha

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Why is CS6 slow, 64bit-mode or not?

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Why is CS6 slow, 64bit-mode or not?. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Fireworks by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 5:26 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

Thank you for your response Shubha. But what does this mean? An Adobe Employee should be expected to write in coherent English if they are going to be charged with responding to client queries on the official forums. This sloppy, inadequate response seems typical of this sloppy, inadequate update to Fireworks.

How can you, Adobe, continue to push this software out and expect us to buy it when you can't even provide a proper update.  There is no justfiable reason to have Fireworks still running in 32-bit mode. It's 2012, come get with it you're supposed to be a leader. Bohemian Software's new Sketch 2.0 is a 64-bit program and it is only at version 2.0 and it flies cirlces around Fireworks not in features, yet, but in performance and interface. How are these Ma and Pa shop graphic software developers with their limited resources and manpower growing their applications at a rate several magnitudes faster than Adobe?

You upgraded the property bar? Big deal, that and your paltry CSS copying feature are not enough to call Fireworks CS6. This is atrocious, truly atrocious.  How long do you think you can keep milking your users?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to lazypixelmachine

I totally agree! Its been 18 month I believe since CS5 and all Adobe did where adding a CSS3 panel and a so called improved color palette! Incredible. This programm has the potential to become a serious tool for web development and despite all constraints it seems to be, but not because its good, but because there are no alternatives, (except for Photoshop).

Real improvements like a usebale preview which renders immedately not just after a few seconds, an easy way to use global colors, reasonable dropshadows, (everybody I know uses the edge feather effekt instead) a measurement tool which can be used easily and so on and on...

My guess is that Adobe will let FW die in near future, as more and more people switch to Photoshop. But calling it Upgrade and demanding 150 bucks?

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 1:30 AM   in reply to graugans Design

Thanks for giving my frustration a voice @lazypixelmachine and @cltzwerth. I can't but totally agree on what you say regarding the CS6 update.

The truth is that behind the few of us that voices our opinion and frustration, there are many more professional users with the same opinion. But, we are probably not enough to make Adobe change.

It is appalling.

And thanks @lazypixelmachine for the tip on Sketch 2.0. Going to try it out. Regardless, I will put my cash here instead, so they can make that application a true replacement.

Edit: Spelling mistakes.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to graugans Design

Agreed. I am astonished with what Adobe considers an upgrade. I don't how they are making decisions on enhancements or new features, but it sure isn't from listening to customers. Here is the bottom line, it's clear Adobe doesn't view Fw as a serious tool for serious designers. They know that serious designers won't use it, they'll use Photoshop. Despite the fact that Fw fills a huge gap between Photoshop and Dw for things like producing functional mockups/prototype, "real" designers are loathe to use it because of the stigma attached to it. I think that's a shame, but IMO it's why Adobe ignores it. On the other hand Dw suffers from a similar but different problem: "real" front-end developers won't use it, and it's not difficult to see why.

Dreamweaver is marketed as a tool for "non-developers" to build great websites, so the Dw team focuses on features like the "fluid grid" system released in CS6. Serisously, what were they thinking? Even for non-developers there are a million of those on the web. And now that Twitter Bootstrap is essentially pervasive it seems that everyone accept the Dw team knows what good code looks like for grids. On the other hand Dw is lacking a ton of functionality that many open source tools have and that most front-end developers have come to expect from an IDE. Even basics features are missing, like using themes for code coloring (which is included in virtually EVERY other IDE because of how useful it is to developers, but not Dw...).  And It's 2012 but Dreamweaver still has no Git integration? Subversion only! Who still uses that today? Surely only people who haven't heard of git.  There is no support for pre-processors like LESS/SCSS/SASS, coffeescript, HAML. No support for zen coding... 

I could go on and on and on.   All these features are missing and the Dw team spends their time on that crappy fluid grid system. Sigh...  I'm done with Dw, Sublime Text 2 and the browser do everything I need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points