• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has ADOBE dropped support and or updates for Windows 2000 Professional Operating system

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ADOBE has ended future current downloads for ShockWave Flash or Adobe Flash (free versions) will someone please tell me the FINAL SWF and AF versions that have been offered to W2KP users. Those users will typically have one or all existing Firefox 12, Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and Opera 11.62 User Agents installed.

Also, IIUC, SWF has an embedded version of AF right? What version of AF is it for say SWF 11.6.4.634?  Is there a FINAL drop-dead version of SWF for W2KP?

Will ADOBE still provide for security updates for the two FLASHES? (Some day won't you please thouroughly describe the diffs between SWF and AF in a side by side download page)

Will ADOBE ever just push their stuff as ADOBE or will there still be those Macromedia folders and files "still" spoofed hither and yon througout a users OS?     

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although W2K is not on the official list of supported operating systems (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html), Flash Player should still install and work nicely on it.

Do you have any problems installing or using Flash Player on W2K?

Do you have any problems installing or using Shockwave Player on W2K?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.4.634 installed no problem

Adobe Flash (aka Adobe Shockwave Flash) ver 11,1,102,55  installed no problem 

Adobe Flash 11.2.202.235 will not install without a "...The  procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll ..." error for my Windows 2000 Professional configuration. I have researched this error and actually spoken to Microsoft about this. Here's the scenarios:

1. Some time ago Microsoft issued two security patches for Microsoft C++ redistributables stuff and both these patches were bad animals. Not too long ago Microsoft fixed the situation for their Visual Studio C++ redistributables but support for W2KP had long since ended and they overlooked other C++ packages such as their freebie C++  Express version that IIUC works with .net runtimes?

Anyway, if Adobe uses C++ in any way hopefully you avoided the hit ... but maybe not ... maybe it is not my C++ maybe it is your C++ content embedded in the 11.2.202.235 install? Is Adobe aware of the problem.

see:

http://tedwvc.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/ms11-025-has-been-reissued-all-previously-mentioned-problems-...

for starters.

2. Since Adobe may have no dropped support foe Windows 2000 Professional all new Adobe software will fail with a Procedure Entry Point error. Will you please verify that this is why the Adobe Flash ver 11.2.202.235 install fails with that error message.

Hey, and if so I would have preferred the message to say something like "...This Adobe product cannot be installed on Windows Operating systems earlier than Windows XP ..."

Please advise which scenario applies

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this topic, especially towards the end, regarding the DLL entry point error on W2K: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/965334

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The redux from past discussions is that Flash Player 11.2.202.235 will install on Windows 2000, but requires a simple hack. See this post which gives a quick version of the hack and links to the more detailed post as well:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1012569

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Pat for the reassurance that .235 can work under W2KP, and to Pat for the tech thread reference which was also very interesting and reassuring.

So ... I then I felt compelled and empowered to try the hack referred to by OC92135:

So... Thanks to OC92135 for the redux; it worked flawlessly.

I will now be able to troubleshoot and comment endlessly to MLB.TV Support Forum on their abnormal spinning circles problem using the MLB.TV latest-recommended  Adobe Flash ver 11.2.202.235.

Now we will see if this newest Adobe Flash continues to be mishandled as a component of the the MLB.TV media player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OC92135,

Again, thanks for the redux for the hack on 11.2.202.235 for W2KP.

Have you tried the hack on the newest Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257 install(s).

I did. It worked for the 11.3.300.257 ActiveX variety but it seems to fail for the 11.3.300.257 other browser plug-in variety.

What, if any, success have you had with either or both to get 11.3.300.257 working on W2KP?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you see my reply to you on the MLB website about this?  It concerned trying an XP virtual machine on W2K if it supports that.

Also, I've posted a ton of informataion concerning my troubleshooting of the MLB problem, both here and on their board.  Tentatively, I think the problem is  some sort of interaction between the Adobe Flash player and the MLB player container that is choking off the game stream.  Check out my last few posts on my threads in either forum for details.

Sadly, I can't attract anybody's attention to this hypothesis, either here or there though.

My thread here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1010015?start=0&tstart=0

On MLB: http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ml-help01&tid=15335

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines