Skip navigation
Rich Keller
Currently Being Moderated

You are dealing with web developers, answer accordingly

May 9, 2012 6:34 AM

Hi, just a thought in how bc case support seems to be answering their cases. Do they realize that the bc community are web developers? we aren't photoshop users, or illustrator users, we are but we are also developers with typically years of experience and tech support experience with all kinds of web services and technology.

I believe its a huge waste of everyones time when the first suggestions is "flush your cache", or try a different browser... really? you don't think we;ve tried that all before actually submitting a case? web developers know what a cache issue is, they know what a server error looks like, and by using firebug all before they finally submit a case, we expect more than, works on our side, or try a different browser. save that for the non web developer tech support cases.

just my two cents, I love the creative suite of products, but going back to DW MYSQL ftp and a good old LAMP server environment from hostgator is looking better and better everyday if this is going to be how bc partners are going to be treated. whether we have ten, or a hundred sites, a bc partner is usually a web developer and should receive the same level of support. I have most of my clients off bc, as they were clients before i became a partner. My plan was to migrate them over to bc eventually, but i am having second thoughts these days. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to Rich Keller

I think that's just SOP for tech support everywhere. And considering BC's business model is "fire your coders and do it yourself," I wouldn't assume that on average people reporting cases have any great technical acumen, and I wouldn't expect support to do the same.

Biz Cat Rich wrote:

Hi, just a thought in how bc case support seems to be answering their cases. Do they realize that the bc community are web developers? we aren't photoshop users, or illustrator users, we are but we are also developers with typically years of experience and tech support experience with all kinds of web services and technology.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,693 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    May 14, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to kenneth_rapp

Richard, this is why things are in the works for 2nd level support aspect for certain partners who are experienced. Also, not everyone are developers, with things like Muse a number of people are graphic designers etc. IT is not one type of market BC attracts so 1st level support need to check and cover the basis, just as when you contact support about your PC or mac for example.

|
    Mark as:
  • Liam Dilley
    6,693 posts
    Feb 28, 2012
    May 14, 2012 9:36 PM   in reply to Rich Keller

Mario is having a much earned break for a week but Sidney is also pitching in a lot here and Chad from BC Gurus is posting some helpful stuff too.

Making a concious effort here while the support and knowledgebase comes through this bit of a niggle period. (hoping this is all it is)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)