Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ipa-ad-hoc 5 times slower than ipa-test

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have successfully packaged my quite big app (3.5 MB swf and 24MB whole ipa file) in ipa-test package and it works quite good

But after compilation in ipa-ad-hoc package it is much slower - about 5 times, when loading and during work, especially when i.e. clicking an action for the first time (second time it is faster but not as fast as in ipa-test)

Is it possible? I've thought that these types of packages are the same - that this is compiled native code for iOS, and difference is only in certificates

I use 3.2 AIR, 4.6.0 Flex, Helo theme in compability mode for Flex 3 (unfortunately I cannot now switch to Spark components)

On android it works very ok (better even than in ipa-test mode), but I also would like have this app for iOS

Regards

Adam

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, after some cleaning in flex compiler options now is running well in both options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same type of strangeness.  What did you do to clean up your app?

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared unnecesary options in compiler additional options (I dont know which of them was the problem but try remove them all and check if it works). Interesting that for desktop/Android there was no problem with these additional options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for me I only have the locale setting in my compiler settings.  I would really love to get a button to work on the first click.

Thanks again for your help!

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try other options set to default, I use FlashDevelop and have set to true "optimize bytecode", and all other options are as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default FB 4.x to 4.6 has optimize byte code set to true.  This is in the documentation.  Maybe ADOBE can help out with this question?  Maybe pull someone off of the gaming initiative to lend a hand?

Just asking.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try - maybe they can help, I couldnt find anybody who had this problem.

Maybe you could make new project and check if it works fast enough in ad-hoc and then copy some pieces of your project to this new project... I sometimes use to find an error cutting project in half and looking for error, stupid but works Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'd like to add some information in case somebody faces the same problem

In FlashDevelop remove some compiling options definitly helps, remove all "show warning" makes the app load faster.

But in some cases this problem is caused because is deploying a Debug version with ad-hoc packaging. The app must be build in Release mode (obviously, but it's easy to forget).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines