Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sporadic Flash errors?

May 9, 2012 6:20 AM

Hi all,

I am using an iMAC, running 10.7.2

I built an interactive town map, which ran great until I got an error code "5005: Unknown error optimizing byte code. I was told to increase my Adobe memory (.ini) file. Well the file runs now, but when I add something new from the library to the stage, I get the following code and I don't know why? I get one of these for every image on the stage, and it just keeps looping. No matter what image I add, I get this code, but when I remove the image, the project runs great.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable BuildingI_156 is not defined.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable Imap_161 is not defined.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable I3_160 is not defined.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable I2_159 is not defined.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable I1_158 is not defined.

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable I0_157 is not defined.

regards,

HD

Replies
  • kglad
    72,227 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to HDsuperglide

create a new fla that contains nothing, save it and test it.  if no problem, gradually add the assets from your problematic fla until you pinpoint the problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 1:00 AM   in reply to HDsuperglide

Hi,

Typically you get '5005: Unknown error optimizing byte code' message in Flash-based applications made up of thousands of lines of code, numerous large objects, or a great number of small classes. You can fix this by increasing the Java VM memory which I think you have already done. The ReferenceError: Error #1065 occurs when you do not declare your class as public. Private classes can not be used as document classes because they are out of the class package and therefore are not a part of the private scope. Try this out and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Mohan

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points