Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Strange characters in CS6 installer

May 9, 2012 6:45 AM

Tags: #error #cs5.5 #windows #creative #suite #pc #upgrade #7 #characters #cs6 #installation

Hi,

I've just downloaded the complimentary CS6 upgrade for my CS5.5 purchased a few weeks ago. However, the installer instructions shows up in weird characters, as shown in the attached screen shot. I use windows 7 professional:

CS6 installer.jpg

I am unable to proceed, as I worry I might click the wrong buttons/settings without knowing what they actually meant. Anyone has any idea how I can fix this problem? Must I install using the installer (exe file). I notice that there is a "setup" file in the 7z install package, can I use that instead?

Thanks!

James

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to jamesleegood

What is your "default language for non-Unicode"  in your system settings? This kind of jibberish appears when the installer can't determine the system language properly and uses wrong characters. Check that and to be on teh safe side, set the same language as the installer package comes in.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to jamesleegood

Oh, and yes, if you extract the 7z manually, simply run the setup.exe. It may suffer the same garbage text problem, though, so yo ustill need to fix that...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points