Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

XDCAM/MXF Import as audio only PPCS5.5

May 9, 2012 7:39 AM

I'm using Premiere Pro CS5.5 on a Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.7.3.

What's happening is I have footage copied from an SD card off an EX3 camera (folder structure is in tact) to a firewire drive. If I point the media browser to the BPAV folder, it identifies several clips to be used, but when I bring these into PP, the video in the clips are disregarded. There is only audio.

I tried opening the same clips using the Sony XDCAM browser and I can see the video footage just fine. I even tried exporting MXF from the XDCAM browser and importing that into PP, but still PP sees these as audio only clips. There is no video. Very bizzarre.

Any idea what's going on?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to bhorv67

I wonder if you need to wait until the clips are indexed?  Often you can't see a clip's waveform until it's conformed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to bhorv67

That is strange.  When you navigate to the BPAV folder in the Media Browser, what do you see next to Files of type:?

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to bhorv67

Files of Type is set to 'All Supported Files'.

As a test, change that to read XDCAM-EX Movie.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to bhorv67

Hmm.  Well I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.  I don't have any of this material to test with.  You may have to wait until Harm pops his head in.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to bhorv67

I don't have the MainConcept codec pack installed and that's why I can't work with XDCAM natively

That's unlikely.  To the best of my knowledge, PP works with this media natively, no other software required.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points