Skip navigation
lasersocks2
Currently Being Moderated

Links to local drive

May 9, 2012 2:05 PM

Tags: #livecycle_designer #livecycle_designer_es

I have seen many posts on this on the internet, but I haven't been able to get a difinitive answer. Is it possible to have a list of links to local files in a pdf form?

I have gotten it to work when using the a hyperlink and the "file://" protocol and when using internet explorer. I essentially put C:/myfolder/ into a textfield and then convert it to a rich text hyperlink with a file:// appended to the front. The link goes through internet explorer and then opens the file or folder in windows explorer, but it doesn't seem to always work and has issues with links with spaces.

I want to essentially have a pdf form with important links that can be sent to somebody else on the network to have access to.

Does anybody have a good way of making this work without going though a browser and the file:// protocol (I understand that there are security concerns with this)? and if not is there a clean way to get it to work though a browser other than internet explorer?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 4:55 PM   in reply to lasersocks2

Check this recent thread and see if anything helps!

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4365370#4365370

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 6:10 PM   in reply to lasersocks2

Not sure if that's doable or not, hopefully someone who knows more will pop into the thread.

I've not tried using the trusted function method for accessing files but you could check the following post from Radzmar, it's for saving a file but there might be something there you can use.

http://thelivecycle.blogspot.ca/2009/11/save-form-to-specific-director ies-and.html

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points