Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest flash player won't play video on firefox

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with flash since I've updated ....
I turn on Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) and Firefox 12.0.
I Updated to the latest version, but when I read some video or flash animation, I have a black area instead .....
I tried to reinstall, delete ect ...
I'm stuck!!

Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell us from which build you were upgrading from and too? how are you upgrading, meaning which mechanism are you using?  can you confirm the current build that is installed by going here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

or is that blacked out too?  a screenshot or 2 would help us visualize the problem.  there's a known issue with uploading files to this forum with colons in the filename, so please delete them before adding.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've upgraded from flash 10.0.45 to 11.2.202.235, using Synaptic.

Then, when i saw it didn't work, i've returned to 10.0.45 and upgraded it to 11.2.202.233, no success.

There is an screenshot from a Youtube page, as you can see the video doesn't work, even if i wait a few minutes...

Capture-1.png

Screenshot from a Dailymotion page,

Capture-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you try to disable hardware acceleration? right-click the youtube flash content and select "Settings..."  click the first tab and deselect the checkbox for hardware acceleration.  refresh the page and see if that helps.  if it doesn't i'll suggest another thing.  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't have acces to it, i've only got acces to a normal right-click menu: copy, paste, dowload the image....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, here's a work around.  completely unistall flash player with synaptic.  we'll install the latest 10.3 player with security updates.

download the following file: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_10.3.183.18_archive.zip

unpack the zip

unpack the following file in the directory that is created: flashplayer10_3r183_18_linux.tar.gz

copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins

note:  the .mozilla is a hidden directory.  you may have to specify to show them.  if the plugins directory doesn't exist.  go a head and create it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines