Might anyone else here have the problem I have whereby in the Google Chrome browser (but not in Microsoft's Internet Explorer), some of my black text (without permission) appears in the same color as nonblack / colorized text that's contained in the same paragraph? I don't use CSS or even templates, so that doesn't appear to be the problem. What's particularly puzzling is how repeat attempts to modify the text color using Dreamweaver CS5.5's
feature fail to resolve all of the problem. All the while, the problem doesn't even emerge when viewing the text in Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Any suggestions, please?
Thanks. CSS concerns me because a change in one locale can affect numerous pages, unintentionally. The sites that I maintain wouldn't benefit nearly as much as they'd potentially suffer if I made a mistake.
I'll check out the validator tool that you've kindly shared and respond. :-)
The sites that I maintain wouldn't benefit nearly as much as they'd potentially suffer if I made a mistake.
If you look at the converse to that: the sites that you maintain would benefit enormously if you demystify CSS for yourself and learn enough to make major changes to your sites quickly and make future maintenance far easier and less time consuming.
The upside far outweighs the downside.
CSS concerns me because a change in one locale can affect numerous pages,
That's not a reason to avoid CSS. If you use embedded CSS (in the <head> tags of your HTML documents), it is page specific; not site wide.
In 2012, CSS is the only "web standards" way to style text. HTML styles are deprecated (obsolete) and often throw validation errors which confuse web standards compliant browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Opera. IE is not a standards compliant browser and never has been.