Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cs6 cannot connect to online help, but cs5 can?

May 9, 2012 10:35 PM

Why can cs5 connect to online help files, but cs6 cannot.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 11:04 PM   in reply to sandkicker_oinc

Can you let us know the exact problem that you are facing when you try to launch CS6 Help? Doe the browser not launch?

As a workaround, if you let me know the product(s) for which you need help, I will send you their URLs.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:31 PM   in reply to sandkicker_oinc

CS6 arrived yesterday and I have uninstalled CS5.5. I'm having exactly the same problem (Photoshop, Illustrator). In Premiere the Help doesn't even do anything. When I open the Adobe Help, after a while it says it needs to download a file (that part was OK), but then when it installs it just sits there with ther progress dialog. I let iot run today for 6 hours and still nothing installed. Had to kill the application.

I have already uninstalled CS6, run the cleaner tool to remove traces of CS5.5 and reinstalled. Still the same.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to sandkicker_oinc

I have the same problem. CS6 cannot open help files. PS shows the dialog, photoshop online help could not be displayed because you are not connected to the internet. Bridge does nothing.

CS5 was able to open help.

It does not matter if IE or Chrome is my default browser. I have uninstalled CS6, ran the cleaner tool for CS4, CS5 and CS6, and then reinstalled CS6.

I am on Windows 7, 64-bit.

-Norman

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to NormanPCN

I have just downloaded and installed CS6 and I can't get "Help" to work in ANY of the component programs. I seem to get a different message from each package. For example in Dreamweaver it tells me that I have to reinstall the help system. In Photoshop the message is that I am "not connected to the internet" when I am! How absurd!

I can't help but wonder why I have to go to such an incredible amount of trouble just to use something as basic as a help system? If this is an example of where Adobe is going with its products then I think I will start looking for alternatives.

Also, for those who anybody who's interested ..... I would prefer NOT to have to use "Online" help as I don't always have an internet connection hence I would prefer just good old fashioned Offline Help Files - like most other normal software vendors provide.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to Again? How many times

You can find a PDF version of the Creative Suite 6 help files at http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2010/08/help-documents-for- creative-suite-5-pdf-and-html.html.

As for problems with the help feature.  Have you ensured that the Adobe Help app is added as an exclusion to your software firewall?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to sandkicker_oinc

This problem was reported in May last year.  Why has it not been fixed ten months later?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 7:05 AM   in reply to Potoroo

Also having the same problem. Is there really no fix for this yet?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Feb 4, 2013 8:05 AM   in reply to kglad

My network connection is not the problem, Adobe's buggy software is.  Without exception the help system gets worse in every single version of CS.  It's like Adobe hates help so they go out of their way to break it or make it less and less useful.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to Potoroo

ok.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to Preran

The bug is still not fixed.  The software is obviously performing administrator level functions as it tries to access the internet.  Most of the bugs I've seen in the CS6 level of software appear to be caused by ether programming laziness (the workspace won't stay on the monitor chosen when defining a workspace), or by intrusiveness (Adobe wants to gaher information during even the most basic of tasks).

I lobbied hard to get CS6 for our group.  I'm regretting the decision and will definitely rethink when the next upgrade is provided.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points