Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A question, on mobile video play

Explorer ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is VideoPlayer/VideoDisplay can run on mobile devices (?) I'm using with VideoPlayer and MP4 files from local storage - the UI does showing the player and the playhead tip is moving - but black screen, no sound. I also tried with FLV but no use.

I'm I missing something or the videoPlayer is not meant for device run (?)

Any suggestion/help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

With Regards,

Santanu

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I now can able to play a video with VideoDisplay over stage, probably it was the codec. Though I'm still trying to understand how this video works in device - is it only added to the 'View' stage in a mobile project (?) I've tried to play a clip with VideoDisplay inside a list's itemRenderer - it does playing well, but it seems it stuck to its position where it was been added. That means even I scroll the list, itemrenederer's position were changed, but the video remain playing in the same X, Y - seems like it didn't even added inside the itemRenderer component. Why is this, any suggestion (?)

Thank you once again!

Edit: I forgot to mention, this issue happens while playing over device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I could point you in the right direction as I suspected it might have been a codec issue.

As for your itemrenderer issue, I am not sure as my experience with Flex is pretty limited. I usually develop using straight AS3.

I might suggest, though, that you create a new thread with this new question as it seems like the problem has now shifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Thanks! I've asked with the same scenario to the link that you've provided, and Jens Loeffler, the author of the link post, did answered me as well. It seems I need to move the video display manually over stage, as videoDisplay, stageVideo they're not part of the displayList. Hence move, sync - they requires to do manually. I think I got my answers mostly - now moving to the next implementation Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines