Skip navigation
stefaanv
Currently Being Moderated

Support for REST based storage systems

May 10, 2012 1:58 PM

Hi,

I have a question on the target storage for the movies served by the Flash Media server. In your FAQ you mention that data can be stored on a local server or remote location. I assume you are referring to CIFS and NFS mountpoints? Do you support any REST based storage solution as a backend for the Adobe Streaming server? For example could I store my data on an Amazon S3, OpenStack,... compliant storage solution.

Referring to the following FAQ:

How does Flash Media Server integrate into my network?

Flash Media Server runs on either Windows or Linux 64-bit operating systems. The XML-based configuration and C++ plug-ins allow a great deal of customization. Media files can be stored on the local server or in remote locations. Plug-ins can be configured to provide access control, directory/file mapping, authentication, or additional security features.

Thanks,

Stefaan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to stefaanv

I should thank you for asking such insightful query. Give me few days - i will let you know if this is possible currently or not. And if its possible - how one can go about doing it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to stefaanv

Unfortunately there is no direct way of doing this. Basically you would have to access S3 buckets from using any EC2 instance (http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/wiki/FuseOverAmazon). On your FMS machine - create a mount using public IP of EC2 instance and then use VirtualDirectory settings of FMS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points