• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support for REST based storage systems

May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a question on the target storage for the movies served by the Flash Media server. In your FAQ you mention that data can be stored on a local server or remote location. I assume you are referring to CIFS and NFS mountpoints? Do you support any REST based storage solution as a backend for the Adobe Streaming server? For example could I store my data on an Amazon S3, OpenStack,... compliant storage solution.

Referring to the following FAQ:

How does Flash Media Server integrate into my network?

Flash Media Server runs on either Windows or Linux 64-bit operating systems. The XML-based configuration and C++ plug-ins allow a great deal of customization. Media files can be stored on the local server or in remote locations. Plug-ins can be configured to provide access control, directory/file mapping, authentication, or additional security features.

Thanks,

Stefaan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should thank you for asking such insightful query. Give me few days - i will let you know if this is possible currently or not. And if its possible - how one can go about doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi do you have any update here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is no direct way of doing this. Basically you would have to access S3 buckets from using any EC2 instance (http://code.google.com/p/s3fs/wiki/FuseOverAmazon). On your FMS machine - create a mount using public IP of EC2 instance and then use VirtualDirectory settings of FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thanks for your answer.

As more and more object storage systems come into the market I strongly recommend you to integrate with a native Amazon S3 and OpenStack API instead of recommending a FUSE implementation.

Can you tell me if that is on the roadmap by any chance?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines